-1-

☾ ☆ ☽
1 week earlier...

18 months.

18 months took the pogues to follow the same old path.

Even though they promised themselves they wouldn't do it again, they couldn't take that risk another time, their life was amazing.

They were all rich, Sarah and John B had their own shop, Pope went to study, Cleo went with him, Kiara saved turtles, and JJ bought a charter boat.

Still, some details went off the rails.

After the opening of their surf shop, Sarah and John B constantly heard comments from kooks like: "I'm sure it's her fault that Mr. Ward is dead." or "How can such dirty pogues like them own so much now?" all the time.

After losing their dads twice, they connected even more, in the end both of them knew how it felt like.

They moved together, they builded their new Chateau, which had a really diferent size and style from the original one. For once, life is being good for Sarah and John B.

Pope went to California, he used some money from El Dorado to pay his studies, Cleo and him found a nice apartament to stay. Pope helped his parents with their business, they visit them often.

But there are still some days that Pope struggles with university, and Cleo doesn't feel like she's really doing anything interesting, and she's not fully used to the Kook life.

At first, JJ didn't know what to do with all the money, his first instinct was to spend it all like crazy, but Kiara stopped him.

So, he bought a charter boat, and he bought himself a mansion. Kiara moved in with him, she emancipated as soon as she turned eighteen.

Anna and Mike weren't happy about it, but they tried to make amends with Kiara, and eventually accepted JJ and the pogues into Kiara's life.

Surprisingly everything seemed to be fine for them, until JJ's dad came back.

JJ's first instinct was kicking him out of his life, but something inside him couldn't do it.

Luke had read the newspaper there in Yucatan, he found out his son was now locally famous and rich, so he had to come back, for money of course.

He hated his dad, he in fact hated him more than Rafe, more than a rainy day in summer, more than anything.

But a small part still felt love towards him.

Kiara and JJ had some fights about it, until one night JJ left the house and he went to help his dad.

Kiara stayed in their home, she wasn't sure if they were done, she didn't want to, but yet she was mad at him, he could be so foolish sometimes.

But she didn't blame him, it was his dad, his biological family, united by blood and the surname Maybank.

Kiara tried not to think about it much, they had an important event in two days, the celebration of their discovery.

All of the pogues had received one month earlier an email from Kildare town hall, they wanted to make a tiny event with the rich side of the island to celebrate it.

They weren't sure about it, after all the times the kooks had stepped on them, now they want to celebrate their discovery?

They ended up agreeing, nothing to lose right?

The celebration went well, everyone was happy and cheering for them. John B and Sarah connected their foreheads, Pope held Cleo's hand tightly, but JJ and Kiara...how were they supposed to act?

They hadn't talked since their last fight, how long was this going to last?

They got off the stage and they all went on separate ways, to greet people, chat with them or even answer their questions.

An unexpected obstacle came in their way, he approached the ceremony, and decided to talk with Sarah and John B.

All of the pogues gathered around him with curiosity.

"Excuse me, I don't mean to interrupt." He joined Sarah and John B.

"Um, can we help you?" Pope appeared from behind them. Kiara blew the smoke of JJ's cigarette, and he tossed it in a glass.

"Yes. I wanted to tell you all it's remarkable what you all did." He explained, Sarah eyed him.

"Royal Marchant, El Dorado, Denmark Tanny..Impressive résumé, impressive." He continued, all of the pogues listened with attention.

"I was wondering if you would all be so kind as to look at an item of mine." He placed his briefcase on the table.

"Oh yeah? What type of item is that?" Cleo asked.

"It's a manuscript, I would investigate it myself, but I'm too long in the tooth." He replied politely.

"I need partners, and you all were the first on my list." He mentioned with a smile grin.

"May I?" Pope asked suspiciously.

"I was hoping you would." The man handed the diary to Pope.

"1718, jeez this is old." JJ peeked through Pope's shoulder to take a closer look of the diary.

"Exhibition notes, dates.." Pope read.

"This is a captain's log. " John B clarified.

"This shows the exact position of the ship" He continues.

"The exact location where the ship sailed, and where it stopped." He explained.

"Who is the captain?" JJ questioned, all of the Pogues turned to look at the man.

"Edward Teach. Blackbeard." He said.

Kiara lifted her gaze to look at Sarah as Cleo smiled, they exchanged looks with the rest of the group, Pope turned to look at the man, Sarah to John B, she was worried, would she handle all of this again?

JJ smiled excitingly, and John B who was facing this man only said one thing; "Hot damn." He mentioned.

They all stared at him silently. "Excuse me, but, what's your name?" John B asked.

"They call me Mr.T." He said. "Here you can have my contact card, just in case you are interested." Pope handed him the diary, and he left.

"What the hell." Cleo mentioned as she eyed the man while he left.

"Guys, what do you think?" John B asked.

None of them were really convinced at first, Pope was in the middle of constructing his future, Kiara was happy saving turtles, and Sarah didn't want to do it again.

After a while of discussing, they decided they would do it, but they wouldn't go further with it, they were just helping someone who needed it right?

The next weeks they spent their time discovering and analysing the diary, which lead them the present day, in Morocco.

The plane lands on a private runway, they get off the plane and a warm and humid breeze surrounds them.

The landscape before their eyes has nothing to do with what they are used to, orange and red tones predominate in the sky.

Covered people selling everything type of utilities, an undiscovered culture and nothing familiar to them.

Only if they knew they had dug their own grave, would they have agreed to it?

☾ ☆ ☽
IM SORRY FOR TAKING SO LONG BUT MY FINALS ARE KILLING ME I SWEAR
This is a very introductive chapter, what do y'all think? I promise action will take on
the next chapter🤭🤭
Thanks for reading! <3
Jen :)