S1 Episode 2: Ticket Master

It's been over a week ever since the Mane 7 battled Nightmare Moon and things have calmed down lately. Today, Paint Rush, Twilight, and Spike are helping Applejack collect apples in the Sweet Apple Acres orchid with Spike sitting on Twilight's back as he looks through the apple baskets that Twilight has on her and he is throwing away any bad apples.

Applejack: Thank you kindly, Paint Rush, and you too, Twilight, for helping me out. I bet Big McIntosh I could get all these Golden Delicious in the barn by lunchtime. If I win, he's gonna walk down Stirrup Street in one of Granny's girdles. *chuckles* 

Paint Rush: I can't wait to see the look on his face when we've completed that job. 

Twilight Sparkle: No problem at all, Applejack. I'm glad the goal is lunchtime. All this hard work is making me hungry. 

Spike: I know, right? Spike accidentally tosses an apple at Twilight's head, which makes her glare at him while he gives a sheepish grin. 

Twilight Sparkle: Puh-lease, Spike. You've been lounging on my back all morning while we worked. 

Spike: Exactly. You guys are taking so long, I missed snack time. Then, both Twilight's and Paint Rush's stomach growled as they looked at each other and laughed nervously. 

Paint Rush: I guess you're not the only one. 

Twilight Sparkle: Well, we better get some food then. 

Spike: Nope. Worm. A-ha!

Spike pulls out a shiny and fresh-looking apple and both Twilight and Paint Rush licked their lips. 

Twilight Sparkle: Oh, Spike, that looks delicious! 

However, Spike started munching on the apple instantly which made both Twilight and Paint Rush glare at him. 

Twilight Sparkle: Spike. 

Paint Rush: Did you really have to eat the whole thing? You could've given us a slice.

Spike: *laughs nervously* Sorry. 

Spike then burps out a large green flame, which turns into a scroll, and it floats down for Spike to grab it. 

Paint Rush: What's that? 

Twilight Sparkle: It's a letter from Princess Celestia. 

Spike: *clears throat* Hear ye, hear ye. Her Grand Royal Highness, Princess Celestia of Equestria, is pleased to announce the Grand Galloping Gala to be held in the magnificent capital city of Canterlot, on the 21st day of, eh, yadda yadda yadda, cordially extends an invitation to Twilight Sparkle plus one guest. 

Applejack and Twilight Sparkle: *gasps* The Grand Galloping Gala! 

Paint Rush: Grand Galloping what? 

Twilight rushed to Paint Rush with shock that he'd never heard of the Grand Galloping Gala before. 

Twilight Sparkle: You've never heard of it?! It's a royal event that happens every year to celebrate the completion of Canterlot after Equestria was founded.

Paint Rush: Huh. I've never been to any events like that before in my life.

Spike then burped out another flame that materialized two golden tickets.

Spike: Look, two tickets. 

Twilight Sparkle: Wow, great! I've never been to the gala. Have you, Spike? 

Spike: No, and I plan to keep it that way. I don't want any of that girly frilly-fou-frou nonsense. 

Paint Rush: I'm sure it won't be just for mares, Spike.