2. The family.

-Koa-

I tied my now wet and defined curls back as I got out of the water, and approached the newcomers, all while attempting to blend in with the crowd. I wanted to figure out what was going on before I made myself known. I finally managed to get up to get a closer look, and then I managed to see them, only to realise that they weren't even water pepole at all, but forest Na'vi instead. But then that begged the question: what were they doing here?

I then looked at them each, almost inspecting their appearances. The first boy looked the oldest, he had a fitted necklace tied around his neck, as well as a waistbelt, as some small cuffs around his arms. And I must say, that they were nicely woven- not in our traditional style- but still. He also had these big yellow eyes, and braids. He seemed responsible enough, and relitively smiley.

The second boy however, had the same woven cuffs, but also a necklace with an interesting looking shark tooth on it, or so.thing like that at least. And it was the strangest thing, he also had these yellow eyes, but he had some hair above his eyes for some reason..? It was wierd, but I've gotta admit, it definitely looked kinda good. He had braids too, but not as many, and his hairstyle looked admittedly different to the other boys. It also had some pretty beads in it, which I had to stop to admire for a few moments.

As I was looking over at the second boy, I think that he may have noticed me stareing, because he looked back, and we maintained eye contact for a few moments, before looked away. They seemed quite... odd, to say the least.

It was annoying; I didn't get the chance to have a closer look at the rest, as of a few reasons: 1, there were so many pepole crowding around them, that I could hardly even see. And 2, Anoung, of course.

-Lo'ak-

It felt so uneasy, so many pwpole just crowding around us. I mean sure, we'd be used to it by now, but the atmosphere was just so wierd. And then, a teal boy with his hair up in a bun came over to us with a few others, laughing. The fuck are you looking at, fish lips?

Heheheh, fish lips.

Netayam instantly did the I see you sign, which I don't get considering the fact that they were LAUGHING IN OUR FACES, but he hit me with his tail so I did it too.

"Awwe, look at his little baby tail."

The deformed dolphin mocked, as he grabbed Netayams tail. How fucking DARE he.

I was about to call him out for it, but then that pretty girl who came out of the water earlier with that other guy earlier hit his hand away and told him to stop it.

A guy and his wife who I could only assume to be this clans Olo'eyktan and Tsahik came forward, and begun speaking with my dad.

-3rd perspective-

Tonwari rode the skimwing across the water, skidding against it as he landed it down, and walked onto the land, walking over to the sully family.

"I see you Tonowari" Jake said, as the rest of his family copied after him.

"I see you Jakesully" Tonowari responded, doing the I see you sign.

And then another woman, decorated with shells and weavings around her, walked up and over to the family, with a more conserned and stern look on her face than her husband.

"I see you Ronal, Tsahik of the Metkayina." Jake told her, using the I see you sign once again to her unamused face.

"Why do you come to us, Jakesully?" Tonowari asked them, extending his arm peacefully.

"We seek Au'ltulu, a sanctuary for my family." Jake told them all, raising his voice slightly in a non threating way.

"Au'ltulu?" Ronal said, grimacing annoyedly, before inspecting them, and walking around them as Tonowari continued to calmly speak to them.

"We are reef people... you are forest people. Your skills would be of little use here."

"Their arms are thin." She said, looking down at tuk, before walking over to kiri and gently grabbing her tail.

"Their tails small, they will be of little use in the water."

"Ow-!" Kiri snarled, pulling her tslk back away from her.

Ronal then walked over to the boys judgementally, and grabbed hold of Lo'ak's arm, showing his hand, with all five fingers to the crowd.

"These children... are not even true Na'vi. They have demon blood!"

She shouted out, while making the family get hisses and snarls from the clan.

"Yes they are!" A voice shouted out from the crowd, before walking out to the front.

-Koa-

Okay, this is getting ridiculous now. Demon blood or not, Eywa is very strong within them, especially that girl with the shawl. I have been feeling them coming for days now, I cannot just let them get turned away.

I walked out to the front to face Ronal and the rest, as she held onto the boys wrist.

"Let him go, Tsahik." I told her, not even bothering to hide my annoyance. She doesn't see me as a child, which helps the situation somewhat. She glared at me as she threw his hand down, annoyedly.

"This is not your place, Ke'anu. Back away." Ronal told me, with that same stern look that I was used to all of the damn time.

"I disagree. I think that this is as of a right of my place to be as it is yours, Ronal. This is but a family seeking refuge, we cannot just turn them away."

I thought it best that I didnt mention the whole thing with Eywa yet, just to be safe. Also because of the crowd.

"We can if they have demon blood! Do you know what the sky pepole do to Na'vi like us? To Na'vi like you?!" She snapped at me, and I knew full well what she was trying to imply. That was personal. She was getting goddamn personal over this?!

"Well its a good thing that they are not the sky pepole then. They are navi, wherever or however they have come from!" I told her, accidently raising my voice a bit as I walked over to her closer, and more importantly closer to the family.

She snarled at me, and I quietly hissed at her back, while she glared and backed off. Tonowari was looking at Jake, as if to communicate with eachother using their faces and no words.

"Look, we just want a place to stay, okay? I'm down with war, I just wanna keep my family safe." Jake said, holding onto the youngest of his children.

"Jakesully and his family will stay here, and will learn out ways. They do not learn the water, so they will be like babies, taking their first breath. My son, Aunoung, and my daughter, Tsireya, will teach them our ways so that they do not suffer the fate of being useless." Tonowari announced to the clans, who went quiet among his announcement.

"Ke'anu will naturally help also, considering that he wanted to have them stay so much." Ronal said, more directed to me than them. I swear, she needs to pick weather she wants to treat me as an equal, or as a child. Because she keeps switching between the two.