ii. vehicular manslaughter

chapter two ━ a hard day's nightgrey's anatomy season one, episode one

chapter two a hard day's night
grey's anatomy season one, episode one

❝ have you sniffed too
much fucking glue!

"Oh, shit!" Was Violet Gilmore's first two words of the day that could, quite frankly, change her whole entire life. They were yelled in panic as she locked eyes with the digital clock on the bedside table of the hotel room she had been staying in for the past couple of days.

The clock read 8:15am in an incredibly condescending manner, as if it were taunting her of the fact that she was now, officially, behind schedule.

She had had the perfect routine all planned out, and she even went through the trouble of writing it on Powerpuff Girl stationary that Lorelai had bought for her as a going away present.

Morning To-Do List:

— Wake up at 7am and order room service
— Morning yoga if I can be bothered
— Contemplate life decisions in the shower
— Get changed into the pre-picked outfit (on the desk)
— Have breakfast (scrambled eggs?) and a herbal tea

It was a fool proof plan.

Except the fool in question slept through all of her alarms.

And, now had to leave the hotel in approximately five minutes to make it through the morning Seattle traffic to the hospital.

This day was already a failure and she hadn't even been awake for one whole minute yet.

Violet crammed that thought to the depths of her mind, grabbing a hair tie and tying her hair up into a bun at the top of her head, running straight to the shower with purpose, not even bothering to wait for the water to warm up, because that's what she got for sleeping in and ruining the meticulous plan.

—✩—

Violet wasn't entirely sure she had socks on, let alone underwear.

However, the fact that she managed to have a shower, get changed (—ish) and the proceed to shot a herbal tea in less than ten seconds (maybe college payed off after all?) was a miracle.

The Gilmore girl brought one hand off the wheel, leaving her other braced on it, keeping the wheel steady as she sped along the roads with desperation to get to her destination on time.