i. the gilmore girls

chapter one ━ raincoats & recipesgilmore girls season four, episode twenty two

chapter one raincoats & recipes
gilmore girls season four, episode twenty two

❝ i'm going to need back up
for friday night dinner, okay?

Violet Gilmore woke up to the figures of two brown haired women staring at her with their matching cups of coffee in their hands. Both of their identical pairs of blue eyes narrowed at her from where she was sprawled on their couch, their heads tilted sidewards in a way Violet could only describe as something she would have seen in a horror movie, all they needed was matching blood stained outfits and they were good to go.

"Oh, jeez—" Violet gasped, startled by the lurking presence of her sister and niece, presumably watching her sleep. "You really have to stop doing that, it's unnerving." Violet spoke with pursed lips rubbing at her eyes to make the two women a little less blurry.

The multitude of occasions where one Violet Gilmore woke up on her sister's incredibly comfortable couch in her home in the small town of Stars Hollow usually always began with her two favourite relatives crowded around her like an exhibit.

"You snore." The younger brunette, Rory, groaned tiredly, dropping to the couch, nearly sitting on her Aunt's legs and running a hand through her newly cut brown bob.

"I don't snore." The snoring convict protested, her voice reaching high volumes as she prodded Rory with her heel.

"You so do!" Violet's sister, Lorelai, backed up her daughter, flopping into the armchair she had bought from Kim's Antiques.

Violet scratched her temple. "It was the dog."

Lorelai gulped back a huge sip of extra strong coffee, shaking her head in amusement. "I don't have a dog."

"Okay, then it was the trees outside," Violet gestured to the window, pointing with her index finger to the tree just outside. "It was windy last night."

"Stop trying to blame nature." Rory replied, advocating for the trees.

"Fine," Violet sighed, loudly, pushing her hair back out from her eyes, and she was reminded of the fact that she desperately needed a shower. "It was the mass amounts of tequila, are you happy?"

The brunette began to massage her temples, the blinding pain making itself known in her skull as a result of last night.

The mother and daughter duo that seemed to share one brain cell exchanged a glance.