10: Space In Between

Chapter 10 - Space in Between

Hermes kissed me. I can feel his soft lips on mine.

Wala akong ibang naririnig sa paligid kun'di ang malakas na pagkabog ng dibdib ko.

Ilang segundo ring magkalapat ang aming mga labi bago siya bahagyang humiwalay sa akin. I don't know what to do. What I did is just gulp and looked away from him to get away from the awkwardness.

Kailangan kong bumalik sa wisyo. Mariin kong kinurot ang kanang braso ko upang magising sa nangyayari.

"W-what was that?!"

Agad ko siyang tinapunan ng matalim na tingin. I'd surely kill this messenger, and I'm certain Hades will kill him. And there he is acting like nothing happened.

Masyado siyang abala sa pagpalibot ng tingin sa paligid habang nakapamewang. Bakas na bakas sa mukha nito ang pagkadismaya.

Inis ko siyang sinuntok sa tagiliran.

"Aw! What was that for?!" he painfully asked.

"What was that for?" I sarcastically copied his words. "Anong ibig sabihin ng ginawa mo?!"

"I just did what I had to do. You must be so lucky... and just thank me."

"Thank you for what?!"

"For kissing the most handsome god in the universe—"

I almost punched his face, but I have to stop myself from doing that. Where did he get all his confidence? I couldn't believe he's serious.

"Did I make a mistake?" he asked with confusion. He came closer to me again and held his hand at my back as a support.

"Let's do it again—" before he did it one more time I gave him what he deserved. I gave him a hard slap on his face. Kulang pa yan dahil dapat ay tanggal yang pisngi n'ya.

"Aw!" agad siyang napahawak sa pisngi.

"What do you think you're doing?! You maniac!"

"Angel..." sambit nito habang sapo ang namumula niyang pisngi.

"Maia actually told me that this is the only way to find the Elysium of Ambrosia."

"What way? We must kiss?!"

He nodded.

"That's stupid!"

"We have the same reaction at first, but we need to do it."

"We did it! And look— there's no ambrosia here! Do you see one?"

Umiling siya. "Let's just go home."

"Hermes, we have to seriously look for it."

"Maia must've misread the universe. Let's go home, Angel..."

Hindi ko siya kinibo. I couldn't find a word to say, instead I sat on the green grass and hugged my knees. I just kept my eyes on the lake near us. The universe is really playing with us.

"That was my first kiss. What do you expect me to do? Act nothing?"

"I'm sorry..." he sat beside me and darted his eyes to the lake where I kept my stares.

For the first time, I heard this arrogant messenger say sorry.

"I should've asked you first."

I escaped a deep sigh. "We must go home now— we have to find other ways to look for the place."

-----

Days have passed after that sudden kiss, Hermes became so busy once again. Here I am staying at his mansion like a retired old lady. Nililibang ko na lang din ang sarili ko sa pagbabasa sa malawak na library sa loob ng bahay.

As of the moment I'm just sitting on the picture window of the mansion while an astrology book is on my lap. I'm trying to read the universe through the book, but everything still bothers me. I really wanted to go on a quest and find that garden of ambrosia. Nakatulala lang ako sa labas ng malaking bintana habang nililipat ang pahina ng hawak kong libro na hindi ko naman tinitignan. My eyes were blank, fixed outside the greenery of the mansion.

"Do you need anything?" bahagya akong napalingon nang marinig ko ang boses ni Helga.

For days of staying here like a boring old lady, Helga is always tailing me.

"I wanna go outside the mansion," I whispered.

"I do you want me to go outside with you?" para akong nakarinig ng napakagandang balita nang sabihin iyon ni Helga. Agad kong nilapag ang hawak kong libro at tumango.

"Please! I really wanna go outside!" I begged her. Bahagyang natawa si Helga dahil sa reaksyon ko.

"Please," I begged her once more. Gosh! I'm certain that my begging skills were good when I was a child. Am I still effective now?

"Let's go," Helga smiled. I guess my begging skill is still effective.

Without hesitation I immediately changed my clothes, I didn't bother choosing any because of my excitement, I just wore the first one I grabbed and went with her. I couldn't erase a smile while walking to the parking lot. Finally, I'd be able to go outside this mansion. I am also assuming that I might be able to find any clue from the universe outside this mansion.

Helga just chose the car we'll be using, which I don't have any idea what it's called.

"Are you excited?" Helga asked.

"Super!" I couldn't hide the enthusiasm in my voice.

I couldn't help myself but to observe the scenery we're passing by while on the road. My head is so full of things that the universe might give me while I am outside the mansion. What kind of clues will it give me?

Halos isang oras din ang binyahe namin ni Helga nang ihinto n'ya ang sasakyan.

"Where are we?" I asked.

"At the temple of Athena. One of the famous places here."

"Why did you bring me here?" I was so confused.

"I actually don't know any place here that is associated with the gods so I just decided to bring you to this place," she even shrugged.

"Oh well..." wala akong masabi. I'm not that close to Athena so I don't think I'll be amused by this idea. But I think this is better than being held like a hostage in Hermes' mansion.

Nauna na akong bumaba ng sasakyan at agad na sumalubong sa mga mata ko ang mga taong andito na abala sa pagkuha ng mga litrato. Halos lahat ata ng mga nakikita ko ay may hawak na maliit na bagay na siyang ginagamit nila upang kumuha ng litrato.

"Is that the thing they call a cellphone?" I asked Helga.

She slightly giggled with my question. "Yes, Angel," she answered while getting something in her pocket. Agad n'yang pinakita sa akin ang cellphone na kaparehas ng hawak ng mga tao rito.

"You have one?"

"Of course! I believe some of the Olympians have one too!"

"I didn't know."

"Hermes owns one. You should ask him to get you one too."

"I should!"

Habang abala halos ang mga tao rito sa pagkuha ng litrato sa lugar ay pinagmasdan na lamang sila habang naglalakad papasok ng templo nang may isang tao ang amagaw ng atensyon ko.

"What's wrong?" Helga asked when I suddenly changed my direction to the man standing in just a distance. As usual, Helga just tailed me.

Halos patakbo ko nang pinuntahan ang lalaki. Naabutan ko pa ito bago pa n'ya magawa ang balak niyang gawin. Kunot noong napalingon ito habang hawak hawak ko ang kan'yang palapulsuhan.

"What are you doing, Miss?!" tanong nito at bakas sa mukha ang pagkagulat. He must be so disappointed that I just stopped him from jumping off the cliff from the terrace of this temple.

"What are you doing?!" diin na tanong ko pabalik.

Our eyes just darted on each other like there's a grudge of thunder linked on it. This young man is hell crazy. He almost killed himself.

AN:

Oooof! Soery for no updates last night. I've been sick