Chapter 1

[With Luz]

Luz woke up to her alarm at 6am, she sighed as she turned it off and started to get ready. She changed into a white shirt, threw on a dark green jacket then she put on dark blue, almost black, jeans.

She made her way to the bathroom and started brushing her teeth and hair. Once she was done, she put on her beanie and grabbed Owlbert. When she got outside, she got on Owlbert and flew to her college.

Luz was the only human on the Boiling Isle, she used to live with her mother Camila, but she passed away. Eda was Camila's best friend, so she took me in and raised me.

When she made it to the school, she went to her morning spot on the side of the school that didn't have any cameras. She pulled out her cart and took a few hits. The feeling of calmness spread over her. Then she got to work on a cigarette.

[With Amity]

Amity was up before her alarm, just like every morning. She was already dressed for school and was getting her backpack all ready, she didn't want to be late nor home with her parents any longer than she had too. Her mom wasn't the best, she always looked right past Amity and never gave her the right attention. They were always arguing. Her dad on the other hand, was never home, and when he was, he was in his laboratory, but out of both of her parents her dad was her favorite.

She was the only child in the house, so you would think she got attention, but it never happened. She has two older siblings, twins who are 25 years old. Their names are Ed and Em and her mother thought they were saints. Amity was the only one who knew that they weren't. Ed and Em don't like their parents much because of how they treated her, so they moved out as fast as they could. She couldn't blame them, but it still hurt when they left her to deal with the parents on her own.

She wore a white short sleeved shirt that had HEXSIDE in pink on the front. She had on a pink skirt that matched the color of the letters on her shirt with long white socks that went to her knees and some white and pink high tops.

When she had all her things together, she slipped out of her room as quietly as she could, trying not to wake up her parents. Finally, she reached the bathroom and checked her phone for the time. 6:30 am. She had 30 minutes to get out of the house before her parents woke up.

She quickly brushed her teeth and hair, throwing a piece of gum into her mouth. When she was done, she grabbed Ghost - her white cat palisman - and headed out the door right as her parents' alarm clock went off. She left the house just in time.

When she made it to the college she goes to, she checked the time and found it was early - 7:15 am. School didn't start until 8 so she had a lot of time to kill. She pulled out her mirror and pulled her long lavender hair into its signature quarter up ponytail, leaving most of her hair down to cover the marks on her neck and down her back.

There was another reason why she hated her parents. When her mother was mad at her, she normally got physical, so she had a hard time trying to find ways to hide the marks her mother gave her during their arguments. No one knew what went on in the Blight house, everyone thought they were the most perfect family.

Once the warning bell rang, she was about to head inside when something caught her eye. It was the school stone, and the only human on the isles, Luz Noceda. She was smoking behind one of the walls that didn't have any school cameras to watch her. Amity must admit that she was surprised, she still had no idea how the human was never caught.

She marched over to the girl and knocked the cigarette out of her hand.

"You're not supposed to be smoking on school grounds, you're going to get in trouble!" She scolded the girl.

"My bad Blight, but you didn't have to waste a perfectly good cigarette, they're expensive you know." Luz said with a smirk. Amity fumed at her, not trusting herself to speak. She hated it when the human called her by her last name, it made her feel weird inside, like she was about to throw up or something. Anyways it was a completely foreign feeling, and she didn't like it.

"I told you to stop calling me that!" Amity yelled. Luz's smirk just grew bigger, but she did get off the wall and started walking back to the school, at least she had the decency to care about being on time for school.

Amity thought about whether she should tell her or not. She had her reputation to consider, but she didn't want to get the human expelled. She wouldn't tell on her though because she was in the same spot the human was in barely even last year. That was when she was happy, but only because the twins were still here. But now they are gone and so she was alone and forced to be someone she was not.

Amity snapped out of her thoughts and headed into the school, pushing a certain stoner human girl out of her thoughts. She got into her abomination classroom right on time and took her seat. The teacher let her near tardiness slide considering she was the top student, just like when she was in high school.

Luz only had one class with the lavender haired teacher's pet, aka Amity Blight, that was the 7th period, and let's just say they don't really get along. Mostly because Luz likes messing with her, and Amity hates it. She didn't know that the real reason Amity didn't like her was because of jealousy. Amity was jealous because Luz was able to be herself, while Amity was not. Amity was stuck being perfect while the human got to run wild. 

Schoolwent by normally for both girls, Amity got an A+ on her abominationpresentation and Luz was looked over by her teachers - though she did takenotes and got good grades because she really liked learning about magic. Then 7th period came along and the two girls were thrown into a school project together.