Chapter 1: New year with girlfriend

Today begins a new school year, my second year of high school at this school.

During this vacation, numerous events transpired. Contrary to expectations, my father remained inactive throughout this period. Furthermore, I garnered attention and popularity due to my exceptional performance at the command tower during the recent examination. As a result of our resounding victory, our class, previously designated as Class D, achieved promotion and is now recognized as Class B. Conversely, Class B suffered a humiliating defeat at the hands of Class D, causing them to be demoted. This consequential confrontation witnessed Ryuuen, the newly appointed command tower, emerging victorious in all six events, leading to the elevation of his class to Class C.

Today has brought about a significant change. Following the exam, several girls have expressed interest in me, and I have even been receiving messages from unfamiliar numbers. Initially, I asked Kei if he knew anything about these numbers on three separate occasions, but each time he became irritated. Strangely enough, all the numbers belonged to girls. As the messages continued to come in, I chose not to inform Kei. I had planned to mention it during a meeting between Hiyori and myself, but when I asked her, she became upset about the fact that the numbers were from girls. This incident confirmed to me that she had feelings for me, so there was no need to discuss it further. On the last day of vacation, I called Kei and mentioned that Matsushita had become suspicious of our relationship. I also jokingly confessed to Matsushita, but Kei became upset and abruptly ended the call. However, I quickly reassured her that it was all just a joke. I then proceeded to confess my true feelings, expressing that I was not interested in Matsushita but rather in her. For some reason, this completely threw her off guard.

I am currently struggling to comprehend the true essence of love. However, I am hopeful that someday I will grasp its meaning. Regarding my sentiments towards Kei, I am unable to pinpoint them precisely. It is not a matter of unfamiliarity, but rather a lack of personal experience. Nonetheless, I am certain of my fondness for her.

In recent weeks, we have had both indoor and outdoor appointments, occasionally in the evenings at various restaurants.

Presently, we are en route to school. If I may suggest, Kei and I proceeded while maintaining physical contact, as Kei, being extremely possessive, expressed discomfort when other girls approached me. Consequently, Kei proposed that we disclose our relationship on the first day of class. This proposition seems reasonable to me, as my academic standing has significantly improved following the last examination.

"Are you ready Kiyotaka?"

"Yes Kei, I hope they take it well"

As Kei uttered these words, they proceeded to open the door to the room, finding that they were the last to arrive; nearly everyone else had already gathered inside. Initially, the atmosphere was filled with casual conversation. However, as the others became aware of our presence, a range of emotions began to permeate the room - happiness, sadness, betrayal, surprise, and intrigue were among the visible reactions.

The most notable individual was Yousuke. Before commencing the holidays, we initiated the practice of addressing each other by our given names. The emotions Yousuke displayed were indicative of happiness. It can be presumed that Yousuke is contented by the presence of Kei's companion.

Airi, who was present, appeared on the verge of tears. Haruka, who stood beside her, proceeded to console her, assuring her that I would provide them with an explanation of the situation at a later time.

Keisei and Akito both expressed their approval, with Keisei showing a partial degree of contentment. It seems he did not anticipate being paired up with the girl who held disdain towards us during the ship exam. I was astonished by his lack of anger, suggesting he comprehends the concept of personal matters. Furthermore, I do not conceal my relationship from them, as they are capable of witnessing it. Akito, on the other hand, appears genuinely happy. During the holidays, he advised me to pursue a relationship with a girl, as I have gained popularity. He mentioned his intention to find someone capable of bringing joy and happiness to my life.

Horikita, who is seated on the opposite side of the room, appears to be surprised. I am taken aback by the fact that she agreed to go out with me. Kei informed me beforehand that Horikita had reservations about trusting me, but I reassured Kei that I had more trust in him than in her. I CANNOT PLACE MY TRUST IN SOMEONE WHO HAS PREVIOUSLY THREATENED ME. 

Matsushita gazes at me with an expression of intrigue. Satou, however, directs her severe gaze not at me, but at Kei. Through her eyes, I perceive a mix of sadness and betrayal. During the winter holidays, Kei confessed her feelings to me, but I rejected her. It seems that Kei overheard this confession and Satou's reaction. In response, Satou immediately approached Kei, seeking an explanation. Kei simply stated that she wanted to see if her confession had been successful. Before this incident, Kei and Satou had grown closer, so, understandably, Satou may feel betrayed by Kei's actions.

Ike, Yamauchi, and the other boys appear to be quite enthusiastic when they see both Kei and me. I can overhear them mentioning that I am blackmailing Kei. Additionally, Sudo seems to be content with this situation as he perceives me as his romantic competition.

"What happened between them?!!"

"Ayanokouji that traitor!!!"

"Ayanokouji and Karuizawa!!!?"

Murmurs began to be heard in various places in the room until a bell rang and interrupted them. I guess I have a hard day ahead of us.