Chapter 7 (Asclepius)

(present time 1500 B.C.)

Groaning in pain at my effort to sit upright after my much needed sleep. I look down at my stomach and lift up the blanket covering me to see my stomach all bandaged up. My white dress is shredded to pieces barely covering my nude body.

My memories of yesterday before falling asleep are very fuzzy. I remember talking to Athena, Hestia and Apollo. There were other gods as well but my memory of them is really blurry. I had this strange and terrifying dream...

But it wasn't a dream. I remember Athena saying it was a vision. I got stabbed in my stomach which explains the bandages. On my right hand I notice a small bandage as well but I don't remember hurting my hand although I do feel pain.

Sighing in defeat I lay back down on the bed. Only a second later a knock sounds on the door. "Can I come in?"

"Yes, come in Athena." I answer softly surprised at how weak and silent my voice sounds.

The door opens to reveal the goddess with a worried expression. "How are you doing?" She asks while entering the room before closing the door behind her and coming to sit next to me on the bed.

"As well as I can in a situation like this." I answer with a pained expression. My head is hurting and my stomach is stinging painfully. I'm also feeling a bit drowsy probably from the sleep medication I got.

"Apollo is on his way to change your bandages. But before he gives you new bandages I will help you take a quick bath. It will probably hurt and sting a bit with your wounds but you're covered in blood right now and I think you would prefer to be in clean clothes again." She gives me a sympathetic smile.

As much as I dread taking a bath with my wounds right now, I know I need one. Sighing I nod my head in agreement. "I think that might be a good idea."

Just as I finished my sentence another knock sounds on the door. "Come in."

The door opens to reveal Apollo with his hands filled with medical equipment. "Hi, how are you doing?" he asks cheerfully. I shrug my shoulders sighing.

"Not very good I see..." he mumbles under his breath.

He comes to sit on the other side of the bed next to me. "I'm just going to take of your bandages and see if your wounds are healing properly. Do they still hurt?"

"Yes, especially my stomach." I answer gritting my teeth when he pulls of the bandages lightly pressing on them.

"It's not supposed to hurt this much." He says frowning looking deep in thought. Once the bandages are removed I can't help but be curious and look down at my stomach. Something I shouldn't have done.

"Oh my..." I exclaim in shock. My body is covered in blue and purple spots surrounding the wound. The wound itself is still bleeding and doesn't seem to be healing.

"And it certainly is not supposed to look like that. It should be healing already." Apollo looks worried and slightly in shock, confusion filling his eyes. The fact that Apollo looks worried makes me worried as well and makes dread overtaking my mind.

"Is something wrong with me?" I ask quietly feeling really worried now.

"No, it has nothing to do with you. I think I know what this is." Athena frowns while briefly glancing at Apollo.

"What?" I whisper looking anywhere but at either of them.

"Poison." She answers sternly.

"Poison..." I whisper quietly repeating her.