Chapter Four

Mason's POV

Ivan was just so cute. Mason just couldn't resist. He had tried to hide how he felt about Ivan for a little over a year now. They were friends for a long time, and he was afraid of ruining it all if he told his friend how he actually felt. To his surprise, Ivan had kissed him back.

When they had pulled away from the kiss, Mason had realised what he had done. "I... I'm sorry," he said, biting down on his bottom lip.

"Why are you sorry? It's fine. No one needs to know except us," Ivan said calmly.

Mason had no idea how Ivan could be so calm while he was a body full of nerves and butterflies. Just at that moment, his phone started to ring. He hung his head back and groaned. Who could it be and what did they want?

"It could be important. You should get that," Ivan said with a smile. "Don't let me get in the way."

He nodded and picked his phone up from the small table, looking at the screen. It was his mum. His heart dropped a little. She never called unless she absolutely had to. He had a bad feeling in his gut, but he shook it away.

Mason stood up and walked towards the window, answering the phone call. "Hey mum!" He tried to sound as enthusiastic as he could but knew his mother could probably see or hear past his fake facade.

"Hi sweetheart, how are you?" his mum said in a sympathetic tone which made Mason feel sick.

"I'm fine mum. What's up? You don't usually call me unless there is an emergency?" he asked as he stared out the window. The sun was in full bloom, some of the people who walked past had their umbrellas open to cover them from the sun.

"Well, darling, the police have some new information about Nate and would like to speak to us about it. They also want to ask you and Vixen some question," his mum answered. "You need to come home."

"But I'm at a friend's!" he protested; his heart dropped further.

"You will come home now Mason Monroe Anderson. You will come home, or you are grounded." His mother hung up almost immediately, not letting him say another word.

He sighed and slipped his phone in his back pocket. "I'm sorry Ivan. They need me at home."

"Hey, don't worry about it. Family will always come first. Do you want me to drive you home?" Ivan offered. Mason didn't know how Ivan could smile so sincerely.

He felt really bad leaving his friend after earlier. "You don't have to do that, but it would be lovely to be a passenger prince for once."

They both laughed. Ivan had gotten up from the sofa. "Come on. Let's go. Bike or car?"

"Huh?" Ivan asked, confused.

"Do you want to come on my bike or in my car? It isn't rocket science dude," Ivan said mockingly with a laugh in his tone.

Mason froze and stared at his friends. He had no idea Ivan had a car as well. "Let's go with the bike."

"Good choice. Come on," Ivan said as he already started to walk out the living room and down the hallway.

Mason quickly blew the lit candle out and followed his friend out the door. The sun hit down on his skin, making him feel like a roasted chicken in a hot oven. He was glad he had taken his jacket off otherwise he would have been sweating enough buckets to water the garden of the royal palace.

The garage door squeaked as Ivan pushed it open. A black Nissan GTR r34 and a black Kawasaki ninja 1000xs with green strips rested on its kickstand in front of the car. Mason whistled. They were sexy vehicles, and he didn't think he would get close to either one in his lifetime. Ivan walked into the garage and wheeled his bike out, leaning it against the kickstand again. He then grabbed a black and purple helmet and threw it towards Mason with Mason catching it as it reached him. He watched as Ivan put on gloves and his helmet.