Chapter 2

Liam Novak

It was a relatively short drive from NHI headquarters to the NYU campus. When we arrived, Gordon got out, along with my other bodyguards. Students were walking around campus, others sitting under a tree or on a blanket on the grass outside. It reminded me of my days here at school when I would hang out with Jason and my other buddies, not forgetting the number of girls who were with us.  

Everyone stopped what they were doing to stare at us. A few girls off to our right giggled as we passed by. They had been in a conversation before but stared at us and blushed. Jason winked at them, but I continued to make my way towards the entrance of the building.

We entered the main building which I remember housed the auditorium, and entering the auditorium, I asked the angels above to bless me. 

After a rather tedious forum, and the constant ogling sent my way from the women in the room, I was overjoyed at leaving the auditorium to hit the gym and have some rest in the confines of my home. I'd been to numerous business meetings all over the world, meetings that lasted hours upon hours, but being here and under the scrutiny of these women- some a lot older than me- I was exhausted. 

"So are we heading to the club later?" Jason asked. 

"No. I'll just head home and hit the gym." My night would be pretty simple; head to the gym that I set up in my house, then make dinner or order in. The rest would come as the night went on. 

As we round the corner by the locker aisle, I gasp when I see a redhead standing a few feet away. She's having a chat with a few students but I'd recognize her anywhere. When Jason recognized the person I'm looking at, he gasps also. 

"Isn't that...?" He trailed off, and I nodded, knowing who he's talking about. 

I smile. "Yes. It's her." I waste no time in walking up to her. The girls she's talking to all look at me and blush. I'd probably be affected a few months ago, but now I was a man on a mission. 

Probably sensing my presence from the stares I'm getting from her friends, she turns around and her eyes widen. "You." 

I smile. "Yes, Me. Hi..." I trail off and she looks behind me and blushes when she sees Jason. Jason wasn't entirely honest when he spoke about that night we'd met Mia and her friend here, but I could care less right now. So, I ignore them for now. "Where's your friend?" Never one to beat around the bushes, I waste no time in asking about Mia.

She looks like a deer caught in headlights when she hears my question. "W-Who?" 

"Mia," I clarify. "Where is she?" 

"She's uh...She's..." She stutters and glances at her back. I follow her gaze and realize that the girls I met her speaking to are still there. I'd totally forgotten about them. But, I'm still not bothered. I have a mission to accomplish. 

"Does she attend this university?" I ask, getting impatient. 

She nods rather quickly, and my heart soars at her answer. Mia goes to school here. She may be here right now, and I'll be able to see her. 

"So where is she?" I ask once again. I'm so close to finding her, and the only obstacle that seems to be standing in my way, is her friend. "What's your name?" I ask, not having gotten her name that night. She'd refused to give it to us, and I couldn't say I blamed her. Jason and I were strangers. 

"Zoe," she replied. She glanced at her friends one last time, and they nod and leave. When she turns to look at me, she says, "I'll show you." 

I breathe a sigh of relief when she leads us outside and into the mini campus park. I look at my best friend and bodyguards who are following me. They've all known about Mia since that night, and on numerous occasions had assisted me when I'd gone out to look for her at night.