1 : May I Get Your Order!

■□ 6 YEARS LATER □■

■□ 6 YEARS LATER □■

☆•. Sahiba .•☆

                         Even with my eyes closed I can feel the rays of light falling on my face and can hear someone shouting in the distance.

The words are indistinct, I can understand the tone, anger.

I moved my eyeballs and furrowed my brow.

I'm awake!

I pulled the bed sheet and covered my face so that the light wouldn't ruin my sleep. The darkness gave me a slight peace.

"She's done everything she wanted, I'm not going to let her do anything she wants anymore..." Mom screams from the kitchen, her last words barely audible over the whistle from the pressure cooker.

I feigned sleep to myself.

When the whistle stopped I realized that she had prepared an entire seminar for today.

"Are you worried about her? Your pampering is making her so stubborn Ashok. I'm worried about her, that's why I'm saying this. No, now I have to shout at both of you. She never listens to me, she has all the traits of your genes. No one in this house considers me as a human. How can you hear... I am just a puppet for you father and daughter."

Likewise her complaints change from one to the other in each sentence.

Pushing the blanket away from my face, I pulled my body up to sit up straight on my bed.

I slowly opened my eyes and saw a large photo frame of my parents hanging on my wall.

My day starts with seeing their beautiful smile.

The owners of this smile are now having a debate in the living room with stubborn faces.

Today I feel something special, don't know what happened, suddenly I felt it.

I got up from the bed and went to the bathroom.

I opened the tap and splashed cold water on my face. After wiping off the water, I squeezed some toothpaste onto the brush.

After getting fresh I stood in front of the dressing table.

My thirty inches of hair was slowly undone.

"She's not awake?" Mom asked Dad, her tone still unchanged.

I quickly combed my hair and decided to give my attendance to my mom.

A sudden silence made me wonder, had she finished all her complaints?

I raised my eyebrows in confusion and poked my head out of the door halfway open.

Slowly I took each step down.

"Sahiba."

Her sudden call startled me and my heart did a somersault inside me. My foot slipped from the stair reflexively I held the steel bar firmly.