~Books never lie~

For context: Y/N/N = your nickname

***

Library

After a delicious meal, I navigate through the crowded halls, on my way to the library, hoping to find some answers in one of the million books Hogwarts has to offer. As I enter the large room, the familiar smell of old books hits my nose. Ohh, how I have missed this. But where do I begin searching? Maybe I'll ask the librarian for help, that's why the crone is here, right?

"Uhum, exuse me, Madam?", I clear my throat. "Do you know where I can find books about divination symbols?" She looks me up and down. Wary. "Yes, dear, we have some. But most of them aren't accesible for you," she sneers in my face. "Up the left staircase, in the third isle, last bookshelf. Now, now!", she motions for me to leave her alone. I do so, mocking her snaky voice. Up I go, turning right into the third isle, walking to the very end. I let my fingers graze over some of the old spines. A Guide To Divination Cards, ...40 Cards and their meaning, ...Runes and symbols for beginners, that sounds about right! I pick up the dusty, green book, plopping it onto the small table near the bookshelf, seating myself.

Crusty page after crusty page, I find all kinds of symbols, the grim for a dark future, a troll for a wild adventure, but no sign of a rose. It can't be that unusual, can it? Arriving at the last page, I let out a long sigh, turning around to scan the bookshelf for any other books, as I spot one high on the shelf. Yes, this one looks special enough. I only hear the fall of some books, before I see him. Peeves. Floating through the opposing shelf. "Ouhohoh, what are you looking for, silly?", he sing-sangs. Although he is annoying, he might be able to help me reach that book. "Peeves, would you mind helping a girl in deed?", I use my sweetest voice I can summon. "ME? Helping you? Ha! What does the lady need, then?", giggling, he somersaults through the air. "There is this book up there," I point wih my finger to the gold engraved book. "And I cannot reach it." Peeves immediately flies high. "This one?", mischief coating his tongue. I simply nod. "Oops." Before I can react, the thick book falls straight for my head. I only hear Peeves's laughter, as I collaps onto the floor. And with that, the world vanishes in front of my eyes.

"Bloody Peeves," I mumble to myself. "Oh no, did Peeves hit you? Choo-choo, Peeves has fooled you!", he bellows. I try to take the book that's lying on the floor, but before I have the chance, the poltergeist snatches the damn thing. Ugh! He floats away, while I am quickly hurling myself up, running for the devious bastard, black spots dancing through my vision. But Peeves is faster, heading for the restricted section. After a while, he reappears. "Boo! Ha! Look, look, Peeves has hidden the book! Now you, will have to search for it, anew!", he rhymes. I almost start crying. Why is this poltergeist such a bastard?! I dare a glance at the grand clock in the library, relaxing when I see that i still have an hour until Defence Against the Dark Arts. But I guess tonight, I will have to break the rules again. Luckily I've never returned that rusty key.

Defence against the Dark Arts class

Entering Professor Hecat's classroom, I search for Sebastian as he is attending this class aswell. I seat myself beside him, at the second row near the windows. Before I have the chance to tell him of my unpleasant encounter, Professor Hecat descends the stairs to her office. "Dear 6th year students, welcome back! I hope you all revisioned well over the summer, as we will need last year's skills for the upcoming months. We'll start of by learning more powerful shields and other ways to dodge and parade attacks." "Actually something useful for once," Seb whispers and I nod my agreement.

Two and a half hours later, Professor Hecat dismisses class early. "Sebastian, I need your help. But, we shouldn't talk here." So we make our way to the Undercroft, pretending to small-talk.