Part 3

Harper parks her car on the side of the road closest to Charlie's house. Bellas gets out as soon as the car is parked while Madison and Harper sit in the car for a moment. Harper stares at the house while Madison looks at her hands. "Did you read my texts?" 

Harper looks at Madison and smiles warmly. "Of course I did. I thought Charlie setting off the smoke alarm trying to make dinner was hilarious and I was so proud of you making the softball team for high school," Harper eyes start to tear up a little. Turning into a wolf has made her so emotional. Harper puts her hand on Madison's face to make her look at her. "And I am so proud of you for trying to make your family happy, that you never give up till you see a smile on your friends faces, and I'm so proud that your you. I could not imagine someone better in my life."

Madison eyes fill up with tears. "Then why didn't you text back? Dad misses you, I miss you." Madison leans into Harper hand, it's like a mother's touch.

"Because I was scared that I might have come back to soon. And I didn't want you to get hurt." Noticing Madison confused face Harper shakes her head. "I might get the chance to tell you why I was gone but I might not, I just need you to trust me." 

"I trust you. But you were hurting us more by staying away, I can promise you that. Harper you-you... You're like a mom to me. You done all of the things that Renee wouldn't do for me, you have cared for me, you have loved me. Please don't leave me again, I need you." By now both Harper and Madison are crying. 

Harper smiles. "I promise, I will never hurt you again." Harper kisses Madison on the head. "Let's get you inside the house. I need to talk to Charlie for a little bit." Both of them get out of car and head to the front door, but before either of them opens it, Charlie who was on the other side of the door opens it. 

Harpers eyes drop to her shoes not ready to make eye contact with him yet. Madison takes a step forward and hugs him. "Hey daddy, I love you."

Charlie is slightly shocked, but he doesn't hesitate to hug her back. He kisses the top of her head. "I love you too."

Madison pulls away from the door and nods her head to Harper who is still looking at her shoes. "I'll let you two talk." Madison smiles softly at them both, before heading inside. 

Charlie who just now notices Harper eyes widen. Harper shyly lifts her gaze up but freezes when their eyes meet. Harper sees flashes of the future, her pregnant, her in a wedding dress, her with a toddle, but most of all her with Charlie. Harper Black just imprinted on Charlie Swan.