10

Violet stared at the window. Diamond sat watching her for a while now. She hasn't said anything. Been that way for an hour.
"What's wrong?" Diamond's voice brought her to earth. Her eyes fixed on the window, she said, "I guess he's right."
"He? Who? Alex?" Diamond asked worried. She was frustrated with the silence. V wasn't talking.
"Alex," she scoffed.
"He's just as Nat. Two faced asshole."
Diamond would have scolded her for the language but it seems like that's how she could get her to talk. She seemed anger and wasn't making sense.

"You killed him?" She was very worried now. No clear sentence came out. She was addled. Violet suddenly laughed. That got her on the edge.
"I wish I did. He killed him," she wanted to cry out of frustration. She wasn't saying anything sensible.
"What? He? Who,V?" She calmly asked. Violet glanced at her and back to the window.
"I don't know his name. He said, I'm never mindful of my surroundings. He isn't a Cripton." Diamond stared blankly at her.
"So about Alex?"
"He killed Alex. He..." She told her everything. Diamond sat quiet for a while, she was speechless.

"Never did like Alex," she bluntly said. A thin thread held her from erupting. Nothing made sense.
"He can't be a Cripton. He practically saved me," Violet came infront of Diamond. She was baffled. Diamond glanced at her watch and back to her.
"More like for his own benefit. You know mafias hate their prey being taken by their opponent. I feel they are after you."
Diamond's words was an eye opener to reality. V agreed with her.

"You know a lot as if you're one," Violet smiled.
"I'm well informed, babe." She winked at Violet, she giggled.
"I guess I'll meet my dad," Diamond smiled.
She called him, dad.
Violet knew what was going on in her head.
"Ross has some answers to my question," her smile dropped. She facepalmed. Violet picked her phone and dropped a text to him.
"No fighting. No arguments."
She smirked. Diamond shook her head, she already knew the answers to that.
"No promises," Violet stood up.

     Violet strode into the mansion. Ross stood at the stairs with Dana smiling at her. She ignored both of them.
"Excuse me, I'll love to talk to him alone." This was the first time she spoke to her.
"Fine by me. What can..." She abruptly interrupted glaring daggers at her. Dana wanted to shrink. Shivers ran down her spine.
"I need nothing from you!" She snapped. Ross grabbed her arms, "don't you dare, Violet."
She shoved his hands off, glared at him.
"You defend this bitch now? Oh I see, she has taken mum's position right?" Dana looked at him for response, he stared blankly at his daughter.

"Violet.." she cut in.
"Anywhere, I came here for something not to wrangle with you about this whore." Dana stared mouth agape. Never had she been insulted that way. Ross slid his arms around her waist whispering into her ears. She nodded and left. Violet was disgusted at the sight.
Ross directed her to the study. He took a seat.
"Never call her those names, ever. She's your stepmum and treat her as one." She rolled her eyes, his words fell on deaf ears. He sighed at her stubborn behaviour.
She punched him grabbing the paper. He held her hand catching her off guard putting her hands behind her back. She screamed in pain.

"The man who grabbed mum was who?" Violet asked in a dead serious tone. Her eyes not leaving his face.
"Kerman Parsley-----dear why asking?" He was worried. He knew she could do anything but he didn't want her attacking him. That could take her life. She didn't care about his feelings, she had a plan.
"Leader of Sin's right?" Ross nodded. She refused to say a word.
"Violet, I swear I didn't kill Gravy," she swept a quick look over him.
"This is the only useful information you have given me," he felt stabbed a couple of times. He nodded. She turned and left.
    Came downstairs, she saw Dana placing a call. She looked serious. She eyed her figure then left.

Dressed in her nightgown, she sat by her reading table sketching a plan. A pistol laid besides her.
She was in a different world, far from this world.
"It's smart of you," A voice echoed in her room. She snatched her gun pointing around but she found no one.
"Who the hell are you?" From the voice,she could dictate that it belonged to a man but who?
"Hello there," the voice came from a corner. She realized her lights were switched off, took steps back still aiming her gun at the direction of the voice. She flipped the switch on.
There he stood, dressed in a black lounge pants and black long hoodie covering his face. She recognized him.

"You!!" She pointed her gun at him.
"What do you want?" She stepped forward clutching the gun tight. He emerged from the corner, walked to the table and took the paper. He covered her mouth in time.
"Aww... Freeman's scared," he got the paper and let go off her hand.
"Drop your weapon," he ordered in an authoritative voice that she flinched. She dropped it on the table. His presence scared her.
She knew it wasn't supposed to be so but something about him, scared her. She couldn't place what was so odd. Somehow she wanted to obey him.
What is wrong with her?

"Good girl," she wished to see his face. He glanced at the paper, she net he smirked behind that hoodie.
"I'll help you," he said startling her.
Why would he help her?
She recalled Diamond's words.

Maybe for his own benefit.

"Who are you?" She couldn't help asking. For sure, he wasn't a Cripton. Maybe an Italian mafia?
"A Sin."
"Why do you want to help me? We're rivals. You're a Sin and I'm a Dread. We are of completely different worlds. Why?" He dryly chuckled.
What's so funny?
"I'll tell you more," he turned to leave. She halt him.
"Didn't get your name," she said hoping for an answer. Looks like he wasn't gonna say more.
"Can I at least see who I'm talking to?"  He pulled down his hoodie. She got a glimpse of his face but the side view. His hair was a curly messy hair. He suddenly jumped out. She sighed moving to close her window. She saw a folded paper on  the floor. He left a note. She bent to pick it up. It read

Meet me at Nyx's club. Tuesday,10pm sharp.

Noise everywhere. She hates going to clubs. The smell of alcohol and cigarette smoke filled the air.
Some people dancing, some drunk. She sandwiched between them. One drunk man blocked her way.
She flashed him a tight smile pushing him away. She didn't know how he looked like. Only got a glimpse of his side profile.

She searched through the crowd in hopes of finding him from the little she saw.
Finally decided to go to the bar. She leaned on the bar counter, placed an order to the bartender. He passed her a glass of red wine. She came alone, couldn't afford going back drunk.
"Thought you won't show up." She heard a deep voice say from beside her. She saw him on hoodies again.
Why hoodies?
"I was curious," he got his drink, took her to a more private corner. His eyes darted round, hers never leaving his.

He pulled down his hoodie, he was dangerously hot. A curly messy hair fell freely on his face and neck.
A faint scar running from his left brow to his left eye. If you stood from far, you won't notice the scar until you come closer.
His black eyes shone, the grey ring like lining on his eyes sparkled.
He looked like his race is mixed.
He wasn't as light skinned as the Americans.
His lashes are beautiful, his brows thick and busy.
He looked like he just had a shave, his chiseled jaw clenched slightly. Speaking of his lips, she loved the shape, it had a beautiful outline.
A black stud on his left ear. He looked like he was in his early 30's maybe 33. She could smell his cologne. It choked her. This man screams danger, she had to be careful.

She didn't realise she was staring until...
"Miss. Freeman," he waved his hands in her face. She flushed in embarrassment. How awkward!
"Guess you have a lot of questions," he leaned back sipped his drink watching her with keen eyes.
"Who are you and why do you wanna help me?" She pressed on the same question. He kept mute for a while. She began wondering if he was controlled. His face held no emotion. She tried to read his face but all she saw was just blank...... nothing.
"You discovered already. I wanna help you, is that wrong?" He raised his brows.

So wrong!
Are you a snitch?
Or a spy?
This is wrong.
Why did she come?
She just sat there admiring his features instead of voicing out her questions.
She was being weird.
That wasn't her.
What's wrong with her?
Why did she look at him that way?
She recalled his question.
"No, it's quite unusual for a Sin to plot against a Sin with a Dread," she emphasized on her last word. If Roy hears this, he is gonna give her an earful.
"I want Kerman's downfall," he stared ahead. He sounded dangerous. Everything in him screamed girl run.
"Who are you then?"
"Drake Hudson," he adverted his gaze to her.

Don't forget to tap that vote button. Have any thoughts on the book, please comment, it helps me. I feel encouraged through it.
Thank you.
Love>3
Ghaezy ♥