chapter 4

"Wow, when did those two get so close?"
"Wish you were there to see it."

— Sleepless Rainy Night IU —

Y/n groaned.

The female laid in bed for about two hours now, telling herself she'd get up after 10 minutes of rest, but time had passed so fast that the clock ticked to lunchtime.

Y/n forcibly pushed herself off her bed, feeling her brain start to click together once she grew less dizzy from suddenly getting up so fast.

"Ugh, what am I doing today...?"

The girl looked over to her nightstand, where a yellow paper was stuck to her lamp, red marker leaving a reminder. Y/n reached out her hand and grabbed it, bringing it close to her face.

I left early for today. Hokage wants you.
                 — R/n

Y/n pulled the note away from her face with a whine.

"Again?? Didn't I tell him I'm out of it now?!" The girl laid back on her bed, flaring her arms and legs as she whined and whined.

Despite not wanting to go, the hokage might as well send shinobi her way and just drag her to his office.

Y/n laid on her bed, staring up at the ceiling. For the past month of this year, the hokage had been summoning her to his office once very week. He had always said it was some kind of check up on her, but in reality, the third hokage was trying to get her to join the ninja ranks again.

Y/n had her reasons. She would only go back to the path of the ninja when her mind gets back to her. For now, she's letting herself let loose and do whatever. But, the thought of going back to being a ninja professionally was kind of a "yesn't" response.

'Go back to being a shinobi, huh?' Y/n thought, her face growing lifeless. 'I'm not even from here.'

She let herself sink in her bed for a few more minutes before finally pushing herself off to get ready for the day. She left home with a heavy heart.

"I had guessed that you'd come this late."

Y/n stood in front of the hokage with his note in hand as proof of his summons. And for once, she'll only wear appropriate clothing instead of her skin tight, revealing, skimpy clothes.

Y/n simply sighed, placing a hand on her hip. "Did you request for me to talk me into being a ninja again?"

The Hokage chuckled. "Of course, why else would I call you?"

The girl stared at the hokage.

"I'm just kidding." The hokage replied. He then took out a scroll, signaling Y/n to come closer to him. "Your father sent a message."