CHAPTER FOUR, worries and comfort

Lately, Bryden had noticed Colby had seemed to get more tired and have less of an appetite. She was starting to get worried about him and wondered if something was going on. She knew he was hiding it and acting like everything was fine. He always put on a brave face, but Bryden could tell that something was off. 

She was currently in her bedroom late one night, she knew Sam was still up editing a video, but he wasn't sure what Colby was doing. She figured he was sleeping. She was currently editing a video, it was a video of her dancing. She had finally done another dancing video. Her fans had been asking for more of those so she did one yesterday and was trying to finish editing to post it soon.

She was about half way through editing the video when her door opened. She didn't hear it since she had her headphones on. Colby peeked his head in and quietly shut the door behind him. He saw she was at her desk, her back turned towards him. She was facing her computer, her headphones on. He walked up behind her, wrapping his arms around her and resting his chin on her shoulder. She jumped a little, not expecting him to walk in and scare her.

"You scared me!" She exclaims, her hand going to her chest. "How many times do I have to tell you guys don't do that?" She complained, pulling her headphones off and setting them on her desk. She had lost count on how many times the boys scared her.

"Sorry." He mumbled. His voice was muffled since his face was buried in her neck. She glanced at him and furrowed her eyebrows when she saw the tired expression on his face. He was leaning against her and seemed as though he could fall asleep any minute.

"You okay?" She asked softly, looking at him with concern.

"Yeah, just tired." He sighed.

"Then why are you still awake?" She suggested, reaching over to brush some of his messy hair out of his face. His hair was usually styled neatly, but tonight it looked unkempt and disheveled, mirroring the exhaustion evident in his eyes. 

Colby shrugs, his arms still draped around Bryden as if seeking comfort from her presence. "Couldn't sleep," He murmurs, his voice carrying the weight of his weariness. "Kept tossing and turning." He admitted, keeping his face buried in the crook of her neck

"Will you lay down with me?" He asked, a slight pleading tone to his voice.

She hesitates because she needed to get this video done. But when she sees the look in his eyes and his exhausted expression, she agrees. How can she say no to his puppy dog eyes? "Yeah. Of course. Can I finish this real quick? I'm almost done and I promised my fans I would post it tomorrow."

"Okay." He mumbled, letting go of her and watching as she turned back to her computer. He moved over to her bed, climbing on and laying down. His eyes never leave her.

He couldn't help but stare. He could see her side profile and her focused face. She was wearing her glasses and he thought she looked cute. She was wearing an oversized hoodie and leggings. Her hair was up in a messy bun and she had no makeup on. Colby thought she was beautiful no matter what. It wasn't long before Bryden was finished editing and saved her progress. She turned her chair around and smiled when she saw Colby watching her.

"Come here." He pouted, holding his arms out. She giggled and rolled her eyes playfully. She got up, taking her headphones off and setting them on her desk. She then walked over to her bed, crawling onto it and getting under the covers with him. He wrapped his arms around her, pulling her close. She rested her head against his chest and laid her hand on his chest. He was warm and it was comforting. They laid in a comfortable silence, their legs tangled together. 

"Is everything okay? You've seemed more tired and worn out lately." She asked, her eyebrows furrowed in concern.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I think I just haven't been getting enough sleep lately. Don't worry." He reassured her as his hand absentminded rubbed her back.