Chapter 15

Tempest's POV-

That's when I understood. That no matter how hard Spot was, how stubborn, how annoying he was... I would always love him. And that's what I need to teach myself. I stood there on the railing, crying... watching my tears fall into the bay. Spot grabbed my hand and pulled me down.

"It was all my fault. I'm sorry" he whispered again.

"No matter how hard an idiot you are, I'll... stand by you" I whispered and kissed him, picking my words carefully so it didn't seem as if I were the cheesy one.

"Thank the lord" Spot whispered and looked up at the sky. We walked back to Manhattan where we were "serenaded" by a bunch of the newsies. We all agreed that we were too good friends to get married, which in my case scared me. (A/N- Sorry but I didn't want people to get the wrong idea. They are not getting married) So King and Queen of Brooklyn it was then.

"Told you so Spot. It will all end up alright" Jack laughed and pounded Spot's back.

"Yep" Mush joined in.

"So Tempest, you gonna be part of Brooklyn now?" Blink asked me.

"I'll be living in Brooklyn if that's what you mean" I replied.

"What's going to happen to you?" Les asked me.

"Well, I'll always be a part of Manhattan! I'm just going to be living in a new place, that's just all" I smiled and patted his back.

"Hey Tempest, can I ask for a favor?" David said and I stood up.

"Yeah, sure" I replied.

"Well, I'm going with Denton to Boston for a internship and Sarah is going away for school. Ma and Pa are going to Europe to live with relatives." David started.

"What about Les?" I asked.

"You see, they can't take him because they can't afford it. Sarah and I can't because well, we can't take care of him. And he seems to like you a lot... so..." David said and I nodded my head.

"And you want me to take care of him for you" I finished and David nodded.

"Of course. C'mon Les! Let's go to Brooklyn" I smiled and placed him on my shoulders.

"Spot! Ace!" I yelled. They came over.

"What's Les doing here?" Ace asked.

"I'm taking care of him. Then he can become a newsie and sell papes... or a Brooklyn newsie" I smiled.

"Calling out headlines to sell papers on the bridge" Les agreed.

"No, no, no Les" Spot shook his head.

"The first thing you gotta learn is that headlines don't sell papes" Ace started.

"NEWSIES SELL PAPES!" I finished.