Chapter 6: Distance Makes The Heart Grow Fonder

Third Person's POV

As winter break approached, Lucas, the Prince of Wales, and Sofia, the Infanta of Spain, eagerly anticipated the holiday season. They bid farewell to their friends, each returning to their respective kingdoms to celebrate Christmas in royal splendor.

Lucas found himself surrounded by the warmth of Buckingham Palace, his family's ancestral home. The halls were adorned with festive decorations, and the air was filled with the sound of carols and laughter.

Meanwhile, Sofia reveled in the grandeur of the Spanish royal court, where traditions were upheld with regal elegance.

Lucas found himself engulfed in a whirlwind of holiday festivities and family gatherings. Yet, despite the warmth and laughter that surrounded him, there was a noticeable absence—a void that only one person could fill.

Sofia.

Ever since she had left for Spain to spend the holidays with her family, Lucas couldn't shake the feeling of loneliness that gnawed at his heart. He seemed emptier without her infectious laughter and bright smile, and he found himself constantly reaching for his phone, hoping for a message or a call from her.

But as the days turned into weeks, Lucas realized that no amount of longing or wishing could bridge the distance between them. Sofia was thousands of miles away, immersed in the warmth of her family and the traditions of her homeland, while he was left to navigate the holiday season alone in London.

Still, Lucas found solace in the memories they had shared—the late-night conversations, the stolen moments of laughter, the quiet understanding that had formed between them. And though they were separated by miles and continents, he knew that their bond remained as strong as ever.

As the days of the winter break stretched on, Lucas busied himself with various activities, trying to distract himself from the ache of missing Sofia. He immersed himself in his advance studies, threw himself into volunteer work at a local shelter, and spent time with his family. But no matter how busy he kept himself, there was always a part of him that longed for Sofia's presence by his side.

Then, one evening, as he sat alone in his room, gazing out at the twinkling lights of the city below, Lucas realized something profound. Despite the physical distance that separated them, Sofia was never far from his thoughts. Her laughter echoed in the corners of his mind, her smile lit up the darkest corners of his heart, and her presence filled him with a sense of warmth and belonging that transcended time and space.

Lucas is sitting in his room, feeling the weight of Sofia's absence during the winter break. His phone buzzes with a message notification, and he eagerly checks it, hoping it's from Sofia.

Lucas sighs "Another day without hearing from Sofia..."

Just then, his phone buzzes again, and he sees a message from the Infanta.

He read the text, "Hey Lucas! I hope you're doing well. I miss you and everyone at school."

Lucas's face lights up with a smile as he quickly types a response.

Lucas: "Sofia! I've been missing you like crazy. How's Spain? Tell me everything!"

Sofia: "Spain is beautiful, but it's not the same without you. I wish you were here to explore it with me."

Lucas: "I wish I was there too. But hey, we'll have plenty of adventures to share when we're back at school, right?"

Sofia: "Definitely! I can't wait to catch up and hear all about your holiday."

Lucas's heart feels lighter knowing that even though they're miles apart, their friendship remains as strong as ever.

Lucas: "Me too, Sofia. Me too."