29: Consumed by darkness

1

1.7k

Isadora pov:
Isadora stood on the balcony of her family's estate on Naboo, the warm breeze carrying the scent of flowers and the gentle hum of the city below. With a heavy heart, she reached for her holocommunicator and dialed Ashoka's frequency, her fingers trembling with nervous anticipation.

The holographic image of Ashoka appeared before her, her face lighting up with surprise and concern. "Isadora? What's going on? Why are you calling me?"

Tears welled in Isadora's eyes as she struggled to find the words to explain. "Ashoka, I... I need to talk to you," she began, her voice choked with emotion. "I... I ran away from the Jedi Temple. I'm so sorry for leaving without saying goodbye."

Ashoka's expression softened with understanding as she listened to Isadora's confession. "Isadora, it's okay," she reassured her, her voice gentle and soothing. "I understand. But why did you leave? What happened?"

Isadora took a deep breath, her heart heavy with the weight of her secrets. "It's Anakin," she admitted, her voice barely above a whisper. "I can't go back because of him. He... he lied to me, Ashoka. He betrayed me in the worst possible way."

Ashoka's eyes widened with shock and concern as she listened to Isadora's words. "I'm so sorry, Isadora," she murmured, her voice filled with empathy. "But where are you? Are you safe?"

Isadora nodded, her gaze fixed on the horizon as she struggled to hold back her tears. "I'm in Naboo," she replied, her voice barely more than a whisper. "I'm staying with family friends. I'm doing alright, Ashoka. But I miss you, and I miss the Temple, and... and I miss everything."

Ashoka's heart ached with longing as she listened to Isadora's words, her own eyes brimming with tears. "I miss you too, Isadora," she whispered, her voice filled with emotion. "But you have to do what's best for you. And if that means staying away from the Temple for now, then so be it. Just know that I'm here for you, no matter what."

With a heavy heart, Isadora bid farewell to Ashoka, her thoughts consumed by the uncertainty of the future. But amidst the turmoil and despair, one thing was clear: she would face whatever trials lay ahead with courage and resilience, until she had reclaimed the light that had once burned so brightly within her soul.

As the night draped its comforting veil over Naboo, Isadora found herself enveloped in the familiar embrace of her childhood bed. She lay there, bathed in the soft glow of moonlight filtering through the window, her gaze fixed on the picture frame that sat on her bedside table.

In the frame, she and Anakin smiled back at her, their faces frozen in a moment of pure joy and innocence. The memory of that day, spent laughing and running through the meadows of Naboo, flooded Isadora's mind, the echo of Anakin's laughter reverberating in her ears.

As she stared at the picture, tears welled in Isadora's eyes, a bittersweet ache tugging at her heart. How could something that had once brought her so much happiness now feel like a distant dream, a fleeting glimpse of a life she could never reclaim?