21. Drawing Lines

"Until the birth of Abyssal."

"Abyssal?" I repeated, intrigued. "Who was he?"

"Abyssal was considered the most powerful Elemental ever known," Ansel explained, his tone tinged with gravity. "But what set him apart was not just his strength, but his cunning mind and the gift to manipulate others."

"As time unfolded, the essence of the elemental guardians' magic underwent transformations. They gained the ability to shape elements as they desired, cast spells, heal people, and much more. Abyssal was particularly gifted in the art of spellcasting. He could inscribe runes or sigils on objects, granting them magical properties that he could control at will. He could even manipulate individuals by drawing these runes on them."

Ansel took a moment before continuing. "Abyssal showed signs of madness from a young age. He'd etch runes onto other children, controlling them like puppets. As he witnessed others at his beck and call, it fueled his ego, driving him to desire more power..."

"After witnessing for a long time what Abyssal was doing, the Elders, concerned about Abyssal's descent into darkness as he grew older, made a crucial decision. They chose to send him to the "Grove of Reflection."

"Grove of Reflection?"

Ansel hummed. "This grove lay encircled by ancient trees that whispered secrets and held shimmering pools reflecting one's inner intentions. It was a place designed for deep contemplation, discipline, and growth. Once within the grove's enchantment, one couldn't depart until they comprehended their mistakes, sought redemption, and truly understood the weight of their actions."

"After Abyssal's return from the 'Grove of Reflection,' something changed within him. He grew quieter, withdrawing from his usual tormenting ways and preferring solitude. The Elders assumed their mission was accomplished, thinking Abyssal had reflected upon his deeds. However, they were unaware that this change was merely the start of something much sinister..."

I heard some rustling coming from Ansel's direction, but it was too dark to see anything.

"You know, the Grove of Reflection reveals a person's darkest inner self, their true nature," Ansel explained, taking a pause. "Many people hide their dark sides, pretending to be someone else because they're afraid of facing who they really are. But when Abyssal finally saw his true self, he was thrilled. Instead of seeking redemption, he discovered his true purpose – wanting to see the world in flames."

"But you mentioned that one couldn't leave the Grove of Reflection until they understood their mistakes," I asked. "So how did he manage to get out?"

"Even I'm not entirely sure about that," He admitted.

"Abyssal had a strong dislike for werewolves since he was a child, thinking they were beneath him. And after facing punishment from the Elders of the Elemental Guardians, he even began to hate his own kind."

"As Abyssal got older, he noticed the increasing tension between werewolves and his own kind. Seeing an opportunity, he came up with a plan to achieve his goals. He proposed something to both elementals and werewolves, knowing it was something they desired deeply."

"What do you think they wanted most, Neev?" Ansel inquired

I pondered his question for a moment. "Elementals probably wanted to be able to use their magic at night, and werewolves might have wished to transform during the day..."

"You're truly paying attention to my story," Ansel remarked and I sensed a smile in his voice, even though I couldn't see his face.

"The Elders from both species rejected Abyssal's proposal, stating that as guardians of the earth's magic, they shouldn't be greedy and take more than they were given. However, greed had already influenced many, and not everyone supported the Elders. So, they went behind their backs and conducted a ritual at the nexus, the area richest in magic."

For Me,There Is Only You |18+|On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara