4. wedding

Izna pov

I was getting ready for my Wedding. Yes my wedding. Even I am shocked. I am in dilemma, I don't know what's happening with me. I heard Bhai was yelling at papa

"You can't do this with her papa, she is innocent. You can't let her marry with anyone"

"It's all happening because of you" my father yelled back at him

"It was all a misunderstanding papa, please try to understand. They will kill my sister" he was on the  verge of crying or probably already crying

"And what about you, you almost killed their sister , who knows she will ever wake up or not, I even warned you today Arnav that I will not tolerate any hurdles in my elections. I don't care whatever it is" my father roared to him

"For God sake father, she is your daughter" he yelled to him trying to make him understand but my father reply broking me completely

"SHE IS NO-ONE TO ME"

I was shattered completely. My tears were not stopping. I don't know to whom they are getting me married. My fear increased more when bhai said they will kill me. I am broken. Neither I can broke this marriage nor I can runaway from it. My death is confirmed by either decision.

My thoughts broke when I heard my father yelling  "Now bring her out, we are getting late. They must be waiting"
My mother & sister opened the door and looked at me with pity eyes. I bowed down my head as I don't want to make eye contact with anyone.

~~~

After sometime I was standing in a mandap beside my groom. I don't know who the groom is neither I dunno he knows about me or not.
My face was covered in a long veil.

The wedding rituals started. I am crying. I want to disappear from this world. The constant fear is eating me. My overthinking is not leaving me 'who is he?' 'will he kill me?' 'does my father never loved me?' 'am I so unlucky that I never got my father love?' my all thinking just stopped at a question mark. I had no answer for it.

Now we are taking pheras. Due to my constant silent cries and I didn't had eaten anything since the morning. I stumbled. I felt like darkness is consuming me and I got almost faint but suddenly someone hold me from my waist. He is my groom. He hold me tightly and I corrected myself and we continue to take rest pheras
{Pheras: promises the groom and bride make to each other for all their eternity together}

He made me wear mangalsutra. His hands touched my neck, my body shivered. It felt so different.
{Mangalsutra: Nuptial chain(auspicious thread)}

Now its time for sindoor ritual. My mumma removed my veil till my forehead. I didn't dared to look up. He didn't made any moment. He was frozen, I don't know why. Now it started to gossip in the surrounding like 'why he is not making any movement' 'did he changed his mind' 'why he is not filling her maang(her middle head partition)'
{Sindoor: vermillion}

I looked up to see why he is not filling vermillion. The moment I met his eyes I froze. He rise his hand to fill my maang but not understanding is he really kiaan or am I hallucinating him, I raised my hand by that force mine & his hand touched and vermillion dropped on my nose while filling. Now I am officially his.

Did I got married to kiaan? Did I really got married to my enemy? Did my father fixed my marriage to his rival son? BUT WHY? I had loads of questions which are unanswerable.

The wedding rituals completed I cried while hugging to my mumma, my sister & Bhai. He even apologized and I don't know why he apologized! As far papa I don't think so he care about me. I was missing my soul sister, my Priya. She is not here infact she don't know about my marriage. Even I didn't knew that I am getting married today.