They Ain't Letting The Runt Girl Win

First Person--Haymitch Albernathy

It was only the morning of day five, and a tribute was already dead. The gamemakers had the sun up for an hour when the first cannon sounded.

Alexia Ark from District Seven had died early that morning due to dehydration. She had spent the games hiding and wandering. Too isolated to fight anyone, too far to head to the cornucopia, and too weak to find a water source.

In her defense, none of the living tributes had really found a water source yet, the way all the tributes had been drinking is the water that they had found in the cornucopia.

When I heard her cannon boom, I woke from my sleep to see Johanna Mason shrugging and taking a sip of what looked to be a very strong drink. I pulled out my list, and crossed off her name.

Valor Smith

Gemma Karye

Ace Stonewell

C̶a̶m̶i̶l̶l̶a̶ ̶W̶e̶l̶l̶s̶

Chip Mak

T̶r̶i̶x̶i̶e̶ ̶F̶l̶i̶c̶k̶

̶

P̶e̶r̶c̶y̶ ̶S̶h̶e̶l̶l̶

̶S̶a̶m̶m̶i̶e̶ ̶S̶h̶i̶p̶p̶e̶

̶A̶l̶b̶a̶ ̶M̶c̶D̶o̶n̶n̶a̶n̶

̶P̶l̶u̶t̶o̶ ̶I̶g̶n̶a̶t̶i̶u̶s̶

̶B̶e̶n̶t̶l̶e̶y̶ ̶D̶o̶m̶i̶n̶i̶c̶u̶s̶

̶D̶o̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶T̶r̶a̶x̶

S̶p̶r̶u̶c̶e̶ ̶D̶u̶b̶u̶i̶s̶

̶A̶l̶e̶x̶i̶a̶ ̶A̶r̶k̶

Revers Doleman

A̶n̶g̶e̶l̶ ̶F̶a̶b̶s̶

B̶a̶r̶l̶e̶e̶ ̶L̶a̶v̶e̶l̶

Demeter Carmena

Billy Johnson

C̶a̶l̶l̶i̶e̶-̶M̶a̶r̶i̶e̶ ̶L̶o̶c̶k̶s̶m̶a̶n̶

Pico North

R̶o̶s̶i̶e̶ ̶N̶e̶t̶t̶o̶

Picker Sparks

Becca Blue.

With every death, both of my tributes' odds increased. It was rare, almost unheard of to have both tributes from Twelve last this long. So I considered it a miracle when Becca and Chip ran moments before the careers showed up at Camilla and Trixie's bodies.

"The little songbird you have is pretty lethal, huh?" I heard a gruff voice behind me say. Chaff. He'd been downstairs all night at some party that all the victors had been invited to. I opted out of it cause I knew that I needed to keep an eye on the screen.

"Guess so." I replied, looking down at my list. "Fourteen down, ten to go." I said, looking over at him.

"You think they have a good shot?" Chaff asked.