3. did she just walk through a wall?

The girls were standing at the edge of the stairs neither wanting to make the first move

The girls were standing at the edge of the stairs neither wanting to make the first move. After both of them finally got dressed in what they would deem 'appropriate clothes to die in' they attempted to make it down to the woman who is waiting for them.

"We could rock paper scissors," Bri suggested. She knows it's not a good time to make jokes, but that's how she coped with her problems saying anything to make people laugh.

Rylee -who normally would have found amusement in the bad joke- just continued to stare in front of her. Her hands began to shake, the anxiety of what could be waiting for them made her want to run back into that ugly purple room and crawl up under the covers.

"Well we can't just stand here all day, so go ahead," Bri said motioning for the girl to go first.

Rylee whipped her head around to look at the girl in disbelief. "Why do I have to go first?"

"Because you're older," Bri shrugged like it was obvious, and for the younger girl it was.

Rylee scoffed at her response, "there's no way I'm going first, you go first, you like trying new things."

"Just because I like trying new things doesn't mean I want to go first down the stairs of doom," Bri exclaimed.

"Shhh!" Rylee exclaimed. "Do you want the strange lady to hear us?"

"I don't think I'm that strange," a voice said from the bottom of the stairs. The sudden presence of the woman cause both girls to jump not realizing she was there.

"Look what you did," Bri said smacking Rylee on the arm making her mouth drop in disbelief.

"Me, you're the one who yelled," the brunette scoffed before hitting the girl back.

"Ow! Don't hit me," Bri yelled out whilst doing it again. The older woman just smiled at both of the girls finding amusement in their bickering.

"Look, you're yelling again!" Rylee exclaimed. The brunette -tired of the younger girl hitting her arm- reached up and smacked the back of her head.

"Did you just-" Bri gasped grabbing the back of her throbbing head.

"Yup sure did!"

"Oh I'll show you yelling," Bri gritted out before they were commencing in an all out slap fight. Hands were flying, nails were scratching, and not once did they remember the woman who's watching this go down at the foot of the stairs.

"Ladies!" The woman slightly yelled causing them to get spooked again making the fight stop.

"We really need to pay attention to our surroundings better," Bri muttered making Rylee nod her head in agreement.

"Now that you're done," the woman said softly. "Would you please come downstairs so we can go, Harold is in the car already."

"Um," Rylee started confused. "Who is Harold?"