Part 4

Ten Years Ago

I eyed the Ridgeview royalty with a mixture of annoyance and trepidation, not sure why they were standing in front of the lecture hall. I had no intention of talking to any of them but it looked like they wouldn't move unless I asked them to.

"Um, would you please move aside? I need to get to class," I said, doing my best not to look at any of them. Considering how good looking they all were, I was sure they would have a huge population of girls vying for their attention and I did not want to step on any toes by making eye contact with them. Insecure females were expert at making a person's life difficult.

But when neither of them made any attempt to get out of my way I had no choice but to look up at them, my eyes automatically colliding with Hunter's who was looking at me like I was the only woman in the entire corridor, which wasn't true.

Just when I was about to step forward and snap my fingers in front of their eyes to get their attention, Hunter stepped forward. He was standing so close that I had to tilt my head back to look at him.

"Go on a date with me," he said.

I frowned, not sure whether I heard him correctly. It sounded like he just told me to go on a date with him. But that was impossible. He didn't know me so why would he ask me out?

"Excuse me?"

He took another step forward, invading my personal space. "Go on a date with me."

"I'm sorry, but I don't know you. And I'm getting late for class." I tried to side step him but he just moved in front of me, blocking my way.

"Say you'll go on a date with me," Hunter stated, causing a spark of irritation to pinch my heart.

"No." I shook my head. "I don't go on dates with people I don't know, and to be honest, I'm not interested. Please step aside, I don't want to be late for my first class," I told him and tried to side step him once again but he just blocked my path.

"My name's Hunter Lashbroke. And you're Saylor Rascow. Now you know me; so you'll go on a date with me now," he said, catching me off guard.

"I won't," I stated, trying not to freak out over the fact that he knew my name.

Instead of accepting my answer, his eyes turned to slits. "Why not?"

"I have a boyfriend," I lied.

"You don't. And even if you did you'd just have to break up with him," he replied, taking me by surprise once again. Just who was this man and how did he know so much about me? This was the first time I was meeting him, but he was talking like he knew everything about me.

"I really need to get to class," I said, ignoring his words and ridiculous demands.

This time he didn't block my path and I was able to step aside and head to the lecture hall but his friends came to stand between the door and me. I huffed in frustration and turned around to glare at him.

"Can you please tell your friends to move?" I said.

Hunter shrugged. "Not unless you agree to go on a date with me."

"You should agree, it'll be easier for you." I turned around to see who'd spoken but couldn't figure it out. All four of them kept their eyes on me just like Hunter. I shook my head at them before turning to the man of the hour.

"I'm not interested in going on a date with you and you're making me late for class. So get out of my way or I won't hesitate to go and file a complaint of harassment against you," I threatened, hoping he cared enough about his reputation to leave me alone.