05:30 - EDEN

Thursday 15th May

"GLOVES." I blurted out.
"What are you talking about..?" Kit responded, turning his head purely to stare at me in his judgemental manner.
"I don't see any gloves." Will pointed out. I didn't respond to either of them for various seconds, observing the lady as she wore her silk gloves while walking across the restaurant. Then that moment came, how hadn't I noticed before?
"She's tampering with the wine glasse- and look!! She just took OFF her gloves, this has been bugging me for weeks."
"So this was on purpose?" Asked Kit.
"Looks like it."
"Maybe she meant to mess with someone else's drink?" Suggested Will.
"And get herself in the end? That just sounds sad, Will." Kit responded.

I observed the scene with an unwavering focus, forcing myself not to blink for even a split second. In that moment, watching what really happened was as if the very essence of my innocence hinged upon that specific moment. I wanted to imagine the look in my mother's eyes as she apologised dearly to me, lying that she never believed the rumours in the first place. The way her arms would wrap around me in utter regret with her tears piercing through my bones, as she'd wish I was more sensible, responsible, and the antithesis of her in the days she was once young.
Continuing to gaze upon the rich pair in the restaurant, I couldn't help but think this was incredibly strange. The lady had gotten up, touched the wine glasses, and sat back down, waiting for past me to bring the wine. All this while her face had a look of vengeance, but tinged with sympathetic, yet fearful eyes. She looked at her  husband as if it were the first and the last time she had ever seen him.
My eyes shifted back to myself, in my waitress uniform, exhausted and waiting for the shift to end as I brought their order to the table. "So guys, what GCSE's you do?" I asked, trying to distract the guys from the fact that I was a part of the scene. It was enough that Kit probably knew, but Will was from this day and hadn't been messing with time - I did not need him asking me questions.
"Computer science, art, and geography." Will answered.
"Triple science, RE and history."
"Oh nice!"
"What ones do you do?" Asked Will.
Then it happened, Mrs Agnes Chettle met her accidental fate, but was it really an accident?
"Um, Art, music and history."