Finding Forever - 7

*Boarding House

*
Boarding House

"If you're making pancakes - can you make like a mountain." Bonnie said to Damon strolling in the kitchen with the oldest known Norse Grimoire, the Galdeabók.

"You don't plan to leave the kitchen in the next few days?" Damon looked at the fridge and stated that they had no eggs. "Spell still not working?"

"It's not the spell as such. It's figuring out how we link ourselves through Elijah, Rebekah, Kol to shut those Underworld Gods down and not use Hope's life force."

Damon noted his girfriend's efforts. Before he left to get the vital ingredient for his signature pancakes, he poured her a mug of coffee with one sugar and a splash of oat milk.

"Thanks." Bonnie smiled at the vampire.

"Study away - I'll be back in a flash." Damon said before speeding out to run the errands.

*
Elsewhere

Elena woke up and sat up. Straightening her hair, she took her phone from the nightstand.

'Where are you? What happened with Elijah? Bonnie is still working on the link. Enzo and I are keeping things in check. Jeremy is with Sarah. Call me'

Flashback
The night before

"Please say something, Elijah" Elena stepped closer.

"What is there to say

"What is there to say. Everything was already said. I understand what was at stake. Bonnie explained." Elijah sighed inwardly. He wetted his lips looking at her in a serious manner."After you had undaggered me - after our conversation in the Lookwood House - you awoke feelings in me - feelings I thought could never resurface again. You see - I gave up on loving. On love. But you stirred something in me that day. I anchored my soul to you. Strangely as it may sound to you - you had my heart" Elijah paused for a dead second.

"Elijah" Elena walked to the Original, her eyes glistening, melting into a smile, eyes softly watering with emotion.

Elijah continued, despite her vividly not caring what he had to say more. "I acted contemptibly after the Ball."

"And that's why you left. I know. After the kiss in Willoughby - when I got my emotions back - everything changed for me. How I felt - it was clear to me that I wanted you. I went to New Orleans to talk to you, but you were gone. Lucien had bit you and Hayley took you all away. Nobody could find her. She had to keep Hope safe. And then - Kai put me to sleep. And when they finally found the spell to break his spell and wake me up - you were gone. You died." Elena's eyes brimmed with tears.

Wordlessly, Elijah closed the gap between them, capturing her in his arms and kissed her. Deeply. Lovingly.

"What is going on?" Elijah opened his eyes.

"Nothing. Just Caroline. Checking up on me." Elena slid back down, giving him a peck on the lips.

"You told them that you're hiding away with me?" Elijah chuckled cutely.

"Something like that," Elena smiled, streaming with her fingers over his shoulder, "and that we needed some time alone."

"I fully second that

"I fully second that. There's a lot of catching up we need to do." Elijah snaked his gand aroynd her waist pulling her closer to him. "I love you" he murmured softly.

"I love you, too." Elena whispered, sinking into a kiss.

_to be continued