Finding Forever - 5

*New York, 2035

*
New York, 2035

No matter how much she tried to move on and forget about Elijah, she could not

"I know that I shouldn't have got involved. I know that. And the way things were left - everything just made it worse."

"This is why time travels were a big NO." Bonnie said citing her Gram's Grimoire froma case before.

"But ours was for a good cause." Elena reminded her friend.

"Yeah - but left you miserable."

"I will get over it - eventually. I guess I need to grieve. There's nothing else I can do." the brunette looked at the polaroid of Elijah she had taken.

" the brunette looked at the polaroid of Elijah she had taken

Flashback

"Always and Forever" Elena thought

"Always and Forever" Elena thought. "But it's not going to be. There will be dreams to come for you, sunshine on rainy days, laughter and silliness, just not together. Just not together. You would never forgive me lying to you again. Taking away the memories of you and me. The love we shared. But deep down in my heart I pledge the always and forever. I do."

*

Meanwhile

In New Orleans, Freya found a box at the back of an old wardrobe. Opening it, she found a notebook with Elijah's handwriting on, saying simply - notes. As she opened it, she found a paper wedged in. Curious to see what it entailed, she unfolded it.

Dear Elena,

I wanted to tell you before I left how completely abjectly sorry I am for all the pain I have caused you.  The reason for this letter now is - I die tomorrow, I wanted you  to know that you sparked something inside me I thought was dead and buried.

By the time you read this I will be gone but please know I am still always at your side. Every moment spent with you was like walking through paradise. You had my heart spellbound the moment I have set my eyes on you. I have not known the intensity of my feelings for you until one morning as I woke up. It was like a dance of rich adventure, tenderness, dreams that were most real, even though I've never told you so.

I'm taking my leave now. As Khalil Gibran had said 'The resting place of my soul is a beautiful grove where my knowledge of you lives'

Faithfully Yours, Always and Forever,

Elijah'

Freya looked at it, slightly shook by the content of the letter.

"Hey," Keelin said as she stepped in the attic, "have you found the pin amulet?"

"No - but - Elijah's writings and - a letter" Freya said.

"What letter? Are you ok? What does it say?" Keelin knelt down next to her wife.

"A letter to Elena - he never posted. Dated the day after our wedding." Freya said.

"We can post it to her now. Or give it to her when we visit Hope. What does it say?"

"He apologizes to her...uhm - it's really strange. It seems like he was in love with her. I know it's private - but here - read it." Freya handed the letter to Keelin.

"It's private, like you said. Let's post it to her."

"I thought he was in love wit Hayley - but it seems it wasn't so" Freya said picking up the box.

"Well, look at Klaus - it was Caroline he was actually the one." Keelin said.

Freya inhaled sharply. "I didn't really know my brothers after all."

"You didn't really spend that much time with them." Keelin concluded.

Freya couldn't disagree.

*
Mystic Falls, a few days later

Salvatore School

"No - you're kidding me, right?" Caroline's eyes widened, blazing surprised at Bonnie.

"I'm resurrecting Elijah - yes" Bonnie said.

"What? Bonnie?" Caroline shook her head in disbelief.

"I'm happy with Damon. You got your happy with Enzo. Elena deserves her happy, too. I am doing it. And that's that." the witch was ademand.

_to be continued