⊙ P. MELLARK ⊙

YOU SAT ON THE sand, looking out to the water and cornucopia. you couldn't believe that you were in the games again, right after you'd won too. you buried your face in your knees. you were too caught up in your own feelings that you didn't notice peeta approaching.

"got room for one more..?" he spoke. you looked up at him, nodding. "i could use the company" you replied. peeta sat next to you. the two of you sat in silence, the only sounds being the waves crashing against each other.

"are you okay?" peeta asked, looking at you. "that is..a great question. i'm not exactly sure anymore. all my feelings are jumbled" you told him. "same here.." he replied. you both fell back into silence.

"..i wish that i wasn't here right now. i wish that i was confessing my feelings to y- someone and then we go on to live happily ever after in peace. but since this stuff is happening, i can't do that because it'll lead to the death of a friend and her family" you said. peeta looked at you, a smile on his face. "it's nice to hear that you feel the same."

you tensed up. "bold of you to assume that i was talking about you" you said. "'death of a friend and her family.' that's katniss, y/n" peeta pointed out. "oh. i suck at hiding stuff" you admit, now blushing.

peeta scooted a bit closer to you. you both turned to look at each other; both of you knew what the other wanted. "they'll see it-" "let them see" you said. the two of you leaned in, kissing passionately.

after what felt like a while, which was actually just a few seconds, you both pulled away. you looked into each other's eyes, both of you surprised at what you had just done.

⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙
another teaser for my first peeta x reader (only three more chapters and itll be posted. then i can work on book 2)
im holding yall out with the derek p2 HAHAHAHAHAH