One Week Later

Rody placed the plate in front of the couple that sat before him. He gave them a polite smile before walking back into the kitchen. Finally he had a break. His eyes landed on the chef in the corner. A smile appeared on his face as he approached what was probably the most feared man in all of France. "Heyyyy, Vince!" Rody said as he slid right next to the chef. Vincent was annoyed as usual. Yet Rody began to notice how much Vincent softened. He had started to shout for Rody to get back to work, and even was willingly to talk to him. So that had to be something. Even Vincnet's annoyance began to feel fake. "What Lamoree?" Vincent said as he took a huff of smoke. Rody leaned against the wall and smirked. Vincent had taken up to calling him by his last name. Rody assumed it was revenge for continuously calling him Vince. "Are you sure you should be smoking in the kitchen?" Rody asked Vincent took another huff. This time blowing in Rody's direction. Rody wafted away the smoke holding his mouth closed. Though the smell of cigarettes filled his nostrils. "The chefs cook with stoves, they are used to it by now. Is there anything else?" Vincent replied. While getting more into conversation Vincent still kept their conversations as short as he could. Rody opened his mouth to say something. Though nothing came out. He heard a small chuckle coming from Vincent. Rody's eyes widened as he looked over to see a small smile appear on Vince's face. "Did you just smile?!" Rody exclaimed a little too loud. Causing some eyes from the chefs to glance in their direction. Vincent's face quickly went back to the dead scary look it almost always had. "Get back to work Lamoree!" Vincent shouted as he pointed over to the dining area. "Yes chef!" Rody exclaimed as he dashed back out into the dining room as another platter was presented on the counter.

Another hour had passed. Customers were pleasant, but plentiful. Making it harder for him to talk with Vincent. Though Rody wasn't entirely complaining. He got Vincent to give him a smile. That was enough for the day. Though the image replayed in his head. Making him nearly forget a few orders. Though by now the trash was full. Rody walked in to clean it out. Just as he lifted it he felt a sharp sting in his finger. Rody dropped the trash looking down to see the metallic red droplets leaking from his finger. Footsteps approached him and he looked up to see the cold eyes of Vincent. Rody could feel his heart pound. "I'm sorry." Rody stuttered out as he looked over at the mush that had leaked out of the newly opened bag. "There was something sharp in the bag. I don't think I threw away anything I wasn't supposed to. I'll clean it up." Rody stammered as a hand came flying towards. Rody closed his eyes expecting a sting to his cheek. Then nothing came. At least nothing came to his face. But a sting to his finger. Rody let out a hiss as he opened his eyes. Vincent pressing down on the bleeding injury. "You don't need to worry about it. Someone else will clean it up. Now get your ass up. You can't be seen by customers with a bloody finger." Vincent said. His hand still squeezing Rody's bloody finger. Without another word Rody followed over to a corner where a first aid kit was strapped onto the wall. Vincent placed Rody's hand on the counter before grabbing the kit and pulling out the bandages. Rody was about to protest, yet all words died in his throat as Vincent grabbed his hand once again. Wrapping the cut before taping the bandages in place. "Be more fucking careful next time." Vincent said as he slammed the kit shut. "Yes chef." Vincent paused for a second. He didn't say anything but his expression showed confusion, maybe even concern. Rody didn't know, so he just went back to work. Serving customers as usual. Everything was back to normal. Until another outburst began, and once again Rody had to be the recipient of it. "This isn't what was brought out to us yesterday." A man yelled pointing at the salda that had been placed in front of him and his date. Rody sighed, this wasn't an uncommon occurrence. Though it hadn't happened in a while. "Sir, with all due respect , we have a strict menu that changes daily. I apologize that the plate I brought out to you wasn't the one you had yesterday. We aren't serving what you had yesterday today." Rody explained calmly. It was always a gamble when he had to explain to customers how the menu works. You never knew if they would suck it up and remain quiet, or if they would shout and complain about it until they either left, or a manager had to get involved. Today was the latter. "Can't you just make what we had yesterday?" The woman accompanying the man asked. She was just as annoyed as the man. "No ma'am once again I..." "If you were really sorry you'd give us the food we had yesterday." Rody gulped, hands now trembling. Some nearby tables were starting to glance in their direction. "Sir we can not do that." The man slammed his hands down on the table. Now all eyes were on them. "The customer is always right. Now go back there and bring us what we fucking asked for you pathetic slob." The man shouted as he threw the plates at Rody. Rody stumbled back against a booth catching himself on a table. Though with his hands catching himself on the table it meant he had to let go of the two platers. Leaving them to drop next to him. The first platter didn't cause any damage. The same could not be said for the second platter as it had been carrying the wine bottle, and glasses. Almost all of the glasses shattered on the floor. But the wine bottle was the worst. As soon as it shattered, wine splattered landing on his pant leg and seeping into his shoe. Several gasps, and whispers filled the room. Followed quickly by a yelp. Everyone's attention turned to the lady. Rody raised a brow in confusion, and most other guests seemed to follow his expression. "You imbecile you ruined my skirt!" The woman shouted. Rody looked down at her skirt. It was completely fine from where he stood. Though what he couldn't see was that when the man had thrown their salads back at the waiter the table had rocked due to the force. Knocking their own glasses onto the floor and splattering wine on the other side. "Do you know how much this cost me? I demand a refund." Rody could feel his pulse pounding in his neck. His chest rising and falling at a rapid rate. His body was frozen. No matter what he tried he couldn't move. Until the kitchen doors burst open. Vincent walked over calmly. His posture straight and his head held high. It would easily look graceful, if it didn't look so wrong. "Rody." His head snapped over to Vincent. Despite being taller than the man Rody felt himself shrink down. Feeling smaller as Vincent's gaze burned fire into his soul. "Back office. Now." Vincent commanded. Rody's heart was still pounding in his neck as he stood up. It was accompanied by a sharp pain stinging his foot. Rody ignored it. He didn't have to be told twice to leave the scene. Though the closer he came to the office the more fear engulfed him whole. As he shut the door behind him he couldn't help but seal his fate.