12. guy's letters

❛ ━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━ ❜
chapter twelve: guy's letters

[a/n]: we're about to go down memory lane! buckle up...
━━━

𝐉𝐀𝐍𝐔𝐀𝐑𝐘 𝟏𝐒𝐓, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟕

Dear Guy,

This is Evie, if you couldn't tell by the indecisive eraser marks and the chicken scratch handwriting. I hope you appreciate this because, God, you know I hate writing letters. They're cheesy and sappy and they hurt to write because the pencils are so tough.

How's the preparation for the Junior Goodwill Games? I can't believe they're making you do this year-long. School and home both suck equally without you. I miss you so much.

J.D., bless her, keeps trying to distract me with various events and parties, and even though she knows I hate them, I don't blame her for trying to make me go. After all, it's her idea of fun.

I miss studying with you for English. I know you hated it, but there was something so memorable about the begrudging way you read out all the flashcards, so you've actually proven to be a useful study tool.

I'm writing this at the kitchen table as Mom prepares a beef stew (your favorite, I know!), but I hear a suspicious rummaging in my room. It's probably Felix sifting through my music collection.

I'd better go before he gets his grimy hands all over the vinyls.

I love you.

Yours, Evie

𝐅𝐄𝐁𝐑𝐔𝐀𝐑𝐘 𝟐𝐍𝐃, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟕

Dear Guy,

It's February, the month of love and sappiness and couples that make me sick. I know, I'm such a Scrooge, but I can't deal with happiness if I don't have any of my own. I miss you, Guy.

I haven't gotten a response from you in the mail. I know that for sure because I've been checking every day. I even checked Oliver and Felix's rooms to make sure they weren't squirreling away my mail. It wouldn't be the first time.

I suppose between the team bonding activities and the hockey practice (Connie tells me that Bombay can be a real wet blanket) you haven't got the time to write me a letter, but still, I really do hope you respond.

Felix is really starting to get on my nerves. As predicted, he got his disgusting hands all over my The Police vinyl, and now all I can hear is 'every move you make, every move you make, every move you make' over and over because the little dumpster rat ruined it.

I know you think Felix is the just the cutest thing to ever walk this earth or something, but I can assure you that you don't want siblings.

Yours, Evie

𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐂𝐇 𝟏𝟓𝐓𝐇, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟕