Chapter 5: Regret

Two months later...

Alot can change in two months especially if you have two of Vale's best criminal minds working together. Thanks to Roman's silver tongue and Hector's business acumen both were able to bribe a few key cops and Lilly's contacts helped smuggling dust and weapons way easier.

Both Roman and Hector bought a somewhat isolated home with a few acres of land as their new base of operations. With a mediterranean style home with a nice view of the sea was their new HQ, though some other luxury safe houses didn't hurt aswell. Even Junior purchased a suite in Vale's upper estate since his compliance met being rewarded.

Roman and Neo enjoyed their alliance with the bounty hunter as even they haven't had this much influence over Vale. In the meantime Roman was conversing with Traya over something that had been becoming a thorn on their side: Detective Smithfield.

"And how much lien has the detective cost us?" Traya asked Roman who was looking at a spreadsheet.

"So far he's costing us... a quarter of a million... okay Sidious is definitely going to kill this guy." Roman replied upon adding up the numbers in his head.

"Are you sure that would be a wise decision?" Traya asked to which Roman countered by saying.

"It's not wise... it's smart."

Looking up at Traya frown he could feel he was treading into dangerous territory.

"Listen before you smack me into tomorrow like you do with Sidious listen to what I have to say eh?"

"...Continue..." Traya said relaxing her hand a bit before Roman explained.

"He's over qualified to be a detective I give him that BUT if he's not dealt with now then he's only going to cost us more than just lien."

"So you insist on killing him?" Traya asked to which Roman smirked and said.

"Killing is a such a strong word I prefer the term remove."

"By the way where's Sidious? And Neo?" Roman then asked as he looked around the room. Now that both Traya and Roman thought about it... it's been too quiet.

"Go and see what they're up to before they blow something up." Traya replied before Roman shrugged and walked away.

When just around the corner from the kitchen they could hear rugged laughter and the occasional cough with a fist being slammed against the counter top.
Peering around the corner Roman saw what looked like a pastry? With whipped cream and a cheery on top with a bite.

Hector was wearing his Sidious outfit was laughing with small coughs while Neo looked like she was having a existential crisis. She had her hands on her head while her pupils were shrunken to the size of peas.

"What the hell happened?! Neo?" Roman asked worridly as Hector began to laugh even harder but stopped as he began to cough.

"Neo?" Roman shook Neo's shoulder as she seemed to be frozen still while looking at the pastry.

Roman then grabbed Sidious's shoulders and said.
"What the hell did you do to her?"

"I *cough cough just made her a treat." Hector replied before Roman gave him a deathglare. Which Hector sighed and said.

"Look it all started in the morning-"

A few hours ago...

"Hey Neo."

Neo who was on the couch using her scroll then looked at Hector and nodded upwards once.

"Have you ever tried fried ice cream?"