beginning of his dark daughter

- ☆ -

Cassia Chen was a girl lost in the stars.

She never understood the need to own things, and was called a thief.

In better terms, she found a silver locket in the playground of her elementary school and decided to keep it. She liked nicer things, and since her dad couldn't afford it, she decided it was hers.

Aurora Smith was the owner of said locket, and a very rich girl. She saw the raven haired girl with her lost jewelry, and accused her of thievery. Their English teacher got involved, and lectured Cassia.

But she didn't want to give it back because Aurora could afford to buy another one.

That's how Cassia got into her first fight.

And it's also when she realized that she was different.

Because of her wandering 'imagination' and concern from other parents, Cassia was placed in a special program. She didn't mind, and enjoyed the extra help from her teachers since she liked learning.

However, children are cruel and would make fun of her for this. They made fun of how she was special, and that she'd stay behind while everyone else excelled and moved on.

So instead of going to a teacher or telling her dad about this, Cassia began a streak of violence.

It wasn't uncommon for Half-Bloods to be made fun of for their special qualities, but the blood on a young girl's hands caused countless schools to reject her.

Until a ray of sunshine appeared one day, or atleast that's what Cassia calls Percy.

Meeting at the playground seemed like Fate themselves pushed the young Demi-Gods together, completely inseparable to the point where she was accepted to Yancy just to be with someone who understood her trials.

Cassia protected Percy, and Grover kept them together.

She was able to feel safe in the stars with them.

Everything would be fine. . .until the museum.