Sixty-Two

"Please." He murmured. "I'll do anything, anything! Just please don't leave me." He pleaded. She thought of all the elegant words she had planned, and she watched herself throw them away. She also knew what she needed and wanted were the same, but there was a certain way she had to do things.

"No, that's not what I meant. I mean, do you understand why we aren't together?" He stared at her sadly, he knew. She just wanted to explain.

"You knew I had already been cheated on, but you chose your pride over me. Granted I chose my friends over you, but that was a long time ago, and you did the same. I need you to understand that you don't have to do what your friends ask you to. You may feel like you have to, but you don't. It's your decision, and if they can't respect that then they shouldn't be your friends. I know Rapmon's done a lot for you, but that doesn't mean you're his servant. I need you to understand that I put you over my friends, and I need you to do that too." She finished breathless.

"I know, I was just being stupid. I'll be anything you want me to be. Just don't leave me." He sobbed.

"That's not what I want! I want you, flaws and all. I want the guy that shows me planetariums, and ponds, and trees, and beaches. I want the guy who burns his tongue on hot chocolate. The guy who hugs me from behind. The guy who kisses me and knows exactly when I'm feeling down. Don't try to be something you're not, be you. Suga, I love you, not something you try to be. But I also need you to promise me that you won't hurt me again. That you won't do anything like that again. Suga I love you so much. Honestly it sucks, and it hurts, but I don't think I can live happily without you." She finished quietly. He was crying silently, and he looked up at her with such hope. She pressed her lips together and pushed back the tears, she needed to continue.

"For all of my life I've never known what I wanted I've always been confused. I've never known what to do, I've never been able to make a decision without doubting myself. Always asking questions, and never knowing the answer. But with you it's different. When I first saw you, in middle school, I liked you. And when I saw you again, I couldn't breathe. Suga, I don't understand how you do that. But it also gives me clarity. I know exactly what I want, and I can't question it. So what I mean is, Suga, I love you, and I want you, and I need you." She sobbed out her finish. She was so scared. Would he hurt her again? Or would he keep her safe? She knew she had to do this. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, maybe it would work out.

Suga grabbed her up into his arms, and fell to the ground. She curled up into his lap and looped her arms around his neck.

"I'm so scared." She whispered hoarsely. He kissed her forehead and rocked her back and forth.

"Please don't be." He hugged her a little bit tighter and nudged her head up.

"You have to promise you won't hurt me." Her voice shook violently.

"I promise. I promise." He kissed her gently. She cupped his face in her hands and kissed him back. She wrapped her legs around him so she could face him and hugged his neck.

"Suga. I love you okay?" She whispered.

"I love you too. No questions." He kissed her again. She closed her eyes and leaned her forehead against his.

"I trust you." She murmured. He smiled relieved. They sat like that for a long, in comfortable happiness.

"Look at the sunset." He murmured. She turned and looked at the bright orange sun glinting on the water. Suddenly drops of rain began to thunder down on the beach. She smiled and laughed. She looked back at Suga. He smiled and they kissed.

The beach was beginning to look pretty beautiful too.