Chapter Eleven

"So Sally Jackson's son loves you, how romantic"

"But I only think of him as a friend"

You discovered that your mother knows Sally, Percy's mom, she actually used to visit the woman while she was pregnant with Percy to provide her with comfort, as a favor for Poseidon.

And the two women became friends.

That's why she broke down when Hades did to sally, turning her into a statue.

What is amusing, is that Percy is eight months older than you, as if your mother decided to have you after seeing her friend pregnant.

Also, it turns out that Hades wants his Helm back not Zeus' lighting bolt.

"Oh sweetie, I get it, but there is no way that Luke boy you like will ever reciprocate your feelings"

"Why not?"

Calista chuckles, taking a sip from her wine.

"Because it would be creepy"

"Hey mom, Grover told me that I can't have social media because monsters will come after me but there was only one monster following me which is Alecto."

Calista understood what you were trying to imply and nodded her head as she explained.

"That's correct but Alecto followed you to take you to the underworld, as for the social media...well you remember the song I always had you turn on the whole video?"

"Yes, the one song you created, what about it?"

Calista smiles as if she remembered something.

"Your grandmother, Nyx, put a spell on the song so whenever it is played the monsters can't identify you"

"So, why doesn't she help us get out of here?"

"I had a fallout with her"

Before you could ask more questions, you hear communication and familiar voices.

So you and your mother went to check who visited the Underworld.

°°°

"(Y/n)"

Percy says, relieved  to see that you are well, thinking that Hades did the same as he did to his mother.

Grover's mouth almost drops in shock when he sees your mother following after you.

"That's your mother, no way, she looks to be young and very beautiful like a nymph, no wonder why the gods like her-"

The Satyr stops once he notices the deadly glare Hades is giving him.

"(Y/n), you didn't tell me that one of your friends is the son of Apollo"

"Mom, that's Percy"

"Oh, sorry, he looks a bit like Apollo"

(Blond Percy Jackson = Will Solace)

"Once I find Hades Helm, he will free you, my mother, and your mother"

"Really?"

"Hold on, I never said anything about freeing Calista and her daughter"

"Isn't that why you are holding them hostages because you want the helm?"

Hades chuckles and says with tone filled with annoyance.

"I'm not holding anyone hostage, Calista and (Y/n) will stay here, after what told me about Kronos wanting to emerge again, I'm not taking any risks"

"Kronos is back?!"

Your mother grabs your shoulders in fear.

"No need to worry, my dear, I have everything under control" Hades comforts your mother, before turning to Percy.

"Give me the bolt" Hades orders.

"I thought you didn’t want the bolt?" Grover points out.

"I don’t want the bolt. Now, I need the bolt. If war with Kronos is coming, I’d like to be prepared. Not messing around here, kid. This only ends one way. The only question is how difficult you make it."

"Don't give it to him, Percy!" you cry out.

"I won't" 

"Give me the bag." the god of the underworld orders, trying to take the bag but Percy backs away, and pulls out a pearl.

"Nice pearl." Hades mocks.

"I accept your offer."

"Great!"

"Your first offer."

"We're gonna go get your helm. And when I get back, you're gonna let my mom, (Y/n), and her mom go.Okay."

"Hang on, kid."

"Grover, now!"

Grover throws the pearl on the ground, disappearing.

"Hold fast, Mom. (Y/n), and Mrs.(L/n)"

With one last look in your direction, Percy smashes the pearl on the ground, transporting himself away.

"Damn it!"

Hades shouts in anger.

You slowly approach him, before starting to speak.

"I have an offer for you"

"What is it?"

You look at your mother to take her approval to the plan you spoke with her about earlier.

She nods at you.

"If you let me and my mom go with Sally Jackson, then my mom will stay with you when I'm at camp"

Even though, Hades literally killed your stepfather and kidnapped your mother.

You can't go against him and take revenge.

Or at least that is what Calista told you.

Hades stays silent, then starts to speak in a much calmer yet displeased voice.

"That is only if your little friend brings back my helm"