chapter 15

Next moment being startled he blinked his eyes away from Avni when he found himself wrapped under two soft arms of Tina. She rested her arms around his chest over shoulders. His hands stiffened in his pockets for the upteenth time, this time in discomfort. He tried to firm a smile when Tina sneaked over placing her chin over his shoulder to look at him flashing  a simper. 

Avni darted her eyes away not to look at their proximity.

Tina- Relax. Before them we are getting engaged. Not Avay. We will be first in everything Mr. America.

Avay? Being confused they both avneil yelped in unison. Tina giggled at their reaction.

Tina:Oh God It's a ship name. Avni + Advay= Avay. You two silly. She giggled more this time with a eye roll.

In response Neil pursed his lips. And Avni did the same, forced to flash her best grin.

Neil: I have some work you both carry on. He said and gave Avni a good look up and down abruptly before leaving.

Tina: Gosh for a second l thought you both would end up fighting. She huffed a heavy breath of relief.

Avni recalled Neil's reaction but pushed those tormenting thoughts aside.

Avni: For what? There was nothing to fight about l just don't understand what his problem is with Advay.

Tina: Maybe there was nothing to fight about but Neil is really protective about all of us and he has grown a great bond with you. So his reaction is kind of justified don't you think?

Avni: Already taking his side huh. I see. She said playfully.

Tina: Avniiiiii. she slapped her arm playfully which Avni reacted in fake pain.

Avni: Ouch Tinaaaaa.

Tina: Ok seriously tell me are you and Advay seeing each other? I mean l didn't expect you to call him your boyfriend this early. I reckon you guys actually like each other.

Avni looked at Tina...in a heat of the moment she said something she shouldn't have but she had no choice as neil was just pestering her with questions and the quickest thing she could come up with was a another lie which she instantly regretted.

Avni: Not really but we are getting to know each other. If things go fine then maybe I can give a tag to our relation. She said forcing a small smile.

Tina: Then why did you say he is your boyfriend? That's to Neil?

Avni: I didnt lie he is a boy and also my friend. Avni said with a cheeky smile making Tina roll her eyes.

Next second suddenly she got a call and grabbed her phone to check it. It was Advay.

Avni: Hey.

Advay: Hey Avni I hope I am not disturbing you or something.

Avni: Of course not. How did you remember me so soon by the way? I didn't know you would start missing me already. She said teasing him whereas Tina looked at avni casually as she started to file her nails.

Advay: Ab what can I do your friendship is such that it's hard not to think about you. tbh I called because l wanted to give you a treat.