37. Their First Child

Aaj tumpar pyaar aa gaya toh surprise update de rahi🫂

400 VOTES!

Enjoy reading 𓆩♡𓆪

Shobhit's POV

I was sleeping peacefully when a low sound brought me out of my light slumber.

I rubbed my eyes and looked to my side only to find Naina sitting with her palms pressed to her eyes.

I frowned and tried to reach out for her but she sobbed lightly making me sit straight at the speed of a jet.

"Hey, what happened?" I asked, pulling her hands down from her face and holding them firmly.

She looked up at me with her tear stained face and burst into loud cries. I pulled her to me, making her sit in my lap.

She wrapped her hands around me tightly, almost cutting of my oxygen supply but I didn't pay any heed to that. I hugged her back and started caressing her back.

Somewhere I knew the reason for this state.

"Nightmare?" I asked slowly and she cried even more while nodding her head vigorously.

This sight of her broke me into very fine pieces. I was well aware of her getting nightmares but I wasn't aware of what happens to her after she has them.

And to be honest, a part of me was thankful that I was in the dark about this state. Otherwise I would've resort to doing the most heartless things possible. I couldn't have thought straight knowing she suffered and cried like this, all alone, almost every night.

This is painful. Too painful for me to handle. For both of us.

I can't even imagine the pain she is going through. I know her fears but she is the one who is living with them at every moment of her life.

It must be so hard for her to smile and look okay everyday, while carrying the weight of her past on herself. She was anything but okay.

She laughed and talked to everyone as if everything was good but then she would sit silently in the balcony, looking at the sky, lost deep in her thoughts.

Whenever I tried to ask her what she was doing. She would say, "I'm having some me time" and then I would not disturb her further.

She was regularly going to her Therapy sessions and was even showing progress, according to Sanaya, her therapist.

From the point of view of her therapist, Naina was not wishing to be healed. Rather, she was fucking desperate. Desperation to get over her past.

One could sense her desperation, through how much she hated being around strangers but still went to Therapy religiously. She never missed her medicines. She even skipped and postponed many millions of worth of meetings just to go to Therapy on time.

Seeing her so desperate to forget her past made me feel both pride and sorry for her.

I tightened my hold around her and let her cry as much as she wanted to. She buried her face in my neck and let out her frustration.

She choked on her tears and I pulled her face out of my nape, which was all swollen and red. Her eyes were still filled with unshed tears and her breathing were fast and uneven. She was having rapid hiccups while trying to inhale deeply.

I smoothed back the hair strands from her tear drenched face and wiped off the tears, only for her eyes to shed more. She was sitting silently, taking long breathes to calm herself down. While I kept moving a gentle hand across her back.