Episode 4: The Trauma

Ekam: Welcome back, man.

Genos: What did you do here?

Ekam: Oh, I did many things.

Genos: Did anyone help you?

Ekam: I eventually figured it out.

Ekam: Alright. Now I will show you, MY moves.

Genos: Oh, sure.

Ekam focused intently, summoning his energy. The air crackled with anticipation as he formed an energy ball, its luminous glow casting an otherworldly aura around him. Genos watched in awe as Ekam manipulated the energy with newfound skill. The flicker of realization danced in his eyes as he witnessed Ekam's progress.

Ekam's determination shone through as he charged the energy ball with both hands, channeling his focus and power into it. The ball pulsed with energy, growing larger and more vibrant with each passing moment until it reached the limit of stability.

Ekam: Now, I don't want to make you feel jealous, but this... will blow your mind.

With a swift motion, Ekam tightened his palms and released the energy ball. It shot forward with incredible force, trailing behind it a mesmerizing cone of energy that seemed to warp the very air around it. Anything in its path was met with destruction as it surged forward, leaving behind a trail of chaos in its wake.

Genos could only stare in disbelief as he watched the spectacle unfold before him. His jaw dropped, speechless at the sheer power and control Ekam exhibited.

Genos: Woah... How did you even learn that? Also, on your own?

Ekam: I told you you'd get jealous.

Genos: I'm amazed more than jealous. I mean, I couldn't do anything at all without any guidance. You are good.

Ekam: Who was your guide?

Genos: Well, I suppose it's not classified anymore.

Ekam: You know, people say, "One can be the master of what one does, but never of what one feels."

Genos stares confusingly.

Ekam: Nevermind. Come on, you'll feel light.

Genos: Hmm, I see you're still intrigued to know.

With a thoughtful pause, Genos decides to open up about his past.

Genos, sitting on the training grounds, began recounting his painful past to Ekam.

Genos: (Voiceover) My real name is Yen Raikou, and I used to live in a village known as the Raikou village. It's located in a remote area of Japan, where my people, the Raikou tribe, are or were known for their expertise in recovery and biotechnology.

Genos: (Voiceover) My parents left me in the care of my grandfather, Yong Raikou when I was four. My grandfather wasn't involved in biotechnology, he was a simple farmer, a good businessman. He used to travel to various countries, to sell... our goods and make a living. Occasionally, I would ask him to take me along to show me the world and occasionally he did.

Flashback: At Raikou village.

Yen: Come on, Gramps, please! I promise I won't be a bother this time.

Yong: Yen, No. Besides, I need you here to help with the farm.

Yen: But I can help with the farm anytime! Please, I just passed 9th grade, and I want to see New york.