Adjusting

(Pokemon is not mine.
"Talking"
'thinking'
-poke speech-
Enjoy!)

A few days after meeting the Oaks, Cale had finally gone to meet Sabrina, the Psychic Master, Officer Jenny and Doctor Proctor. The adults were very kind to him and asked him questions saying he could answer when he was ready. Cale was touched by their kindness and patience and assured them he was fine and would try to answer all of their questions. He was not sure how he ended up in the good Professor's private property but he was okay. When asked about his family Cale simply answered they were not around anymore which was more or less true. The Alakazam beside Officer Jenny could tell he was telling the truth and that made the adults feel bad.

Officer Jenny, "So, do you remember what happened to your family?"

Cale looked around, "Umm.. I think my sister was going out to train and my brother was working on his assignment. I was with Ohn and Hong here playing outside and then we woke up at the ranch."

Officer Jenny, 'Did someone mess with his memories? How cruel!'

Officer Jenny, "But you think your family is not around anymore?"

Cale, "I am afraid so. I cannot explain how but... It's a feeling."

Alakazam was livid, -He has memories of fighting adults but he is trying not to think about those. Partner who would send a child to fight against grown ups?-

Sabrina pursed her lips, 'I don't know but when I get my hands on them, they will pay.'

Officer Jenny, "Doctor Proctor here says you have scars on your body."

Cale sighed, "I know they make me look ugly."

Doctor Proctor protested, "Oh no! No! No! You are not ugly kiddo. You are strong and brave, do not let anyone tell you otherwise."

Sabrina nodded, "What this fool said. You are a very adorable child Cale. So adorable even a foolish man like him cannot deny it."

Officer Jenny bit her lip then took a breath calming down, "He is right, Cale. Those scars are proof you are strong. Now, do you remember how you got those scars?"

Cale, "I was fighting a monster that attacked us."

Alakazam froze at the mental image he saw, -What is that thing?-

Officer Jenny, 'Alakazam?'

Alakazam, -I will show you later.-

Officer Jenny, "Alright, thank you for answering the questions Cale. I can see your Pokemon are getting agitated since we are hogging you."

Doctor Proctor, "Cale, if you need anything or fall sick please just call. I will leave my contact number with the Professor."

Samuel smiled, "Why don't you go and play with your Pokemon, Ash and Gary while we adults talk?"

Cale nodded, "Yeah, I will."

Samuel turned to the Officer, "How bad is it?"

Officer Jenny, "It's bad. Someone no doubt messed around with his memories and another is protecting his mind."

Alakazam nodded, -And someone has been experimenting with humans and Pokemon. Memories do not lie.-

Sabrina, "Even I felt their presence, whoever got him out of that horrible place is a powerful Psychic."

Samuel, "Explain!"

Proctor rubbed his face, "Professor, I have seen training and battle scars before and half the scars on young Cale's body were inflicted on him. Not self - inflicted, I assure you but they were made by another person."