Chapter 6

After the stressful event.

Rok Soo calmed down as he slept. He's nuzzling onto a soft... thing, or whatever his body is in contact with. It felt warm and fluffy...

'Mm...'

What the heck is he sleeping on!? It feels so good! His entire being is filled with bliss as he forgot about... that, for now.

Choi Jung Soo, now known as Leo, and Lee Soo Hyuk, now known as Ray, purred at their napping dongsaeng. Ciel... or Rok Soo... the two have never thought that they would meet him again in this life as a cute little cub... yet.

'He's still the same...'

The two thought at the same time. Rok Soo, now known as Ciel, is still the same lazy punk they knew. They were used to his indifferent look and scowls, to the point that they find it endearing in a way.

Jung Soo and Soo Hyuk rubbed their cheeks against the slumbering cub and purred gently as they give the latter comfort.

The kittens are currently inside a pillow fort made by both Cale and Beacrox to provide them a comforting place to feel safe. After that, Beacrox had to leave to tend to his duties, though he was slightly reluctant to leave, he was concerned for both Ciel and Cale. He wanted to help, but he was only a chef. He's here to work, cook and provide for the Henituse like any other servants.

The line between them was clear. He's merely a servant while the young boy he's serving is the count's son.

But Beacrox ultimately doesn't care about that. He was here because he wanted to pursue his cooking dream, and becoming a chef for a wealthy noble was the first step into the culinary world. His whole purpose is to see people smile and compliment his cooking, and Cale met his purpose enthusiastically.

Beacrox remembered the time where the young redhead tried to steal a jar of freshly baked cookies, only to fail and get caught by him. Cale already had a cookie on his mouth as he stood in place within the brunette's kitchen, he was like a deer caught in headlights, if he knew the term.

At first, he was slightly ticked off. The teenager took the jar of cookies away from the redhead, who bashfully and guiltily looked away from him. The innocent little redhead looked adorable and endearing that you can't help but let him get away with his crime, and Beacrox did just that.

He took out two cookies from the jar and handed it to Cale, who's eyes sparkled at him. The boy thanked him gratefully and just as he was about to leave... Ron, the teen's father, was there, standing inside his kitchen with a spine-chilling benign smile.

Needless to say, the teenager and boy got scolded.

That day was a precious memory for Beacrox, because it was the day Cale became his dongsaeng...

So if the Count gave him an order to stay away from the redhead, Beacrox will gladly disobey it, because it's his little brother.

Meanwhile, Cale decided meander about in the Henituse garden alongside with Ron to relieve his worries.

The two stopped by the Countess' rose garden. The young boy stared at the flock of roses with a gentle gaze as he caressed the flower's petal with repose. The flower felt soft and smooth to touch, a famous and precious flower to all. Yet it is dangerous to hold, for the rose's body came with prickles all over it.

This rose is a symbol of love. A stereotypical flower. Yet that same flower was the Countess' favorite, because it was the Count's courting gift.

The rose truly represents Jour in some ways.

The flower's appearance represents her beauty and elegance.

The flower's color represents her natural red hair.