Chapter 8

at last, the long and awaited chapter eight! thanks for sticking with this story. means a lot to me :) sorry for any mistakes, i was watching harry potter and the deathly hallows part II for the 500th time and i was bawling my eyes out. i feel i owe my followers and readers at least a chapter. sorry if it's boring, its a bit of a filler. enjoy!

Bradaen’s POV

I watched Lysander’s car drive away until I couldn’t see it anymore. Sighing deeply, I opened the front door and quickly went up the stairs, avoiding my mother,  my brother Jaydin and the pups in the kitchen.

I opened my bedroom door and quickly locked it, my back and neck thumping against the hard door and my body sliding down to the floor.

I could feel myself smiling, and my smile grew wider and wider.

 I got Lysander’s number!

If you only knew how scared I was when I asked him for it, oh gods. I was afraid he’ll say no, or worse, tell me we couldn’t see each other anymore. I mean, we aren’t really seeing each other…technically.

I guess you could call it a friendship. And friends get each other’s numbers, right? So there’s nothing wrong with me asking him for his phone number. We’ll just talk.

It’ll give us time to get to know each other a bit more, especially during this break. Maybe we’ll even meet up for a coffee or soda or something.

It’s what friends do, right?

But what if I got caught? I mean, I’m not doing anything wrong by seeing him, but what if someone thinks the wrong idea? Will he get in trouble or something? With the law, the school, maybe my family? He’ll never hurt me, or put me into danger. He’s a perfectly normal Supernatural.

Only he’s The Demon, he has unlimited power over all things that breathe and walk this earth, humans and Supernaturals as well.

Yeah. He’s harmless.

I reached into my pocket and took out my phone, along with the piece of paper with Lysander’s number. I shouldn’t really call him now, I mean, it’ll look a little…desperate, wont it? Its 5:30 now and I suppose I’ll wait until 6:00 or 7:00 or something before texting him.

I picked up my bag and put it on my desk, going back to my door and unlocking it. Before I did so, I stashed my phone and the piece of paper under my pillow.

Ariel and my mother have…well, tendency to snoop in my stuff.

I went downstairs and was greeted by Max and Jaydin.

“Hey bro, where you’ve been? We’ve been looking for you forever.”

“Yeah, and we haven’t seen you at all today at school. Your exams went okay?”

I smiled at my older brothers and nodded.

“Yeah, it went alright,” I said. “But I probably failed economics and math.”

Jaydin scoffed and said, “Dude almost everyone fails math. It sucks.”

We moved to the living room and Max grabbed a few snacks and drinks. He says, “Hey do you want to watch a movie or something? Mom renewed the Netflix account.”

I sat down on one of the couches and Max and Jaydin sat down with me.

“Argh, yes. I’m so bored; a movie will be nice—hey, get the pups out of here!” I shooed two pups out of the living room and turned to Max as he chose a movie for us to watch. “Have you two seen Evan anywhere?”