3. Speak now or forever hold your crush...

Warnings: I don't think there are any, maybe some minor cussing

Description: Y/n moves back to Hawkins after living in California for 4 years. She moved there with her parents when she was 13, but they decided to move back because of her fathers job (or some other reason idc). When Y/n walks into family video she immediatly sees her old friend who she had a massive crush on, Robin. She still looks stunning as always, and y/n falls in love with her all over again. Will y/n finally tell Robin about her crush? Does Robin even recognise her? (this is apart from the st storyline so no spoilerssss:)) And yes, the title has another Taylor Swift reference)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was finally done unpacking all my boxes from my old house in California. My parents were gone for a few days, because they had to fly all the way back to California for some stuff that we had forgotten. I decided I wanted to watch a movie tonight, so I head over to family video. I rememberred that store from when I was younger, I used to come there all the time with my friend Robin to rent movies, and we would watch them at our sleepovers and talk all night long about how amazing the plot was. God... I miss those times. Ofcourse I had to screw it all up when I realised I caught feelings for her. It was strange at first, realising I liked girls, but then it got so bad that I couldn't even look at Robin without blushing. That's why I started being really distant with her, she would probably think I'm weird for liking girls, or worse, hate me. When my parents announced we were moving to California I was relieved that I didn't have to see Robin again, but I immediatly felt guilty for feeling that way.I never spoke to her again... Anyways, I went to family video's to get a movie.

When I walked into family video's I immediatly went to the horror section. (If you don't like horror I'm sorry, it's just my personal fav) I scanned the titles for some cool movies to watch when I heard a familliar voice behind me. "Hey there, do you need some help finding the perfect movie? I promise you, I got what you need." I turned around and saw Steve 'The Hair' Harrington standing behind me. He had a funny grin on his face, and he looked very desperate to flirt. I chuckled at his expression and shook my head. "No thanks, I think I'll find something good on my own." His smile turned into a slight frown but then he quickly shifted his expressions to what he thought was 'charming' again. "yeah sure, no problem" He turned away and I heard a girl laugh behind the register. "That's another fail Stevie, I should really get another board just like the one we had at scoops." She said while still laughing at him. I didn't recognise her at first glance, but it was her... It was definetly Robin. She Looked even more beautifull then when I last saw her, and my cheeks turned bright pink. I quickly looked away and started to scan the movies again. My heart was racing, how could I still have feelings for this girl?! I mean, it is basically impossible to not love her. I picked a movie and went to the register to pay, my heart beating in my chest as if it would jump out any second now.

Unlucky for me, Robin was still behind the register. I placed the movie on the counter and tried my best not to make eye contact. "Friday the 13th, great choice" She said with a smile. "Will that be all for you?" She didn't seem to recognise me, and I felt kind of sad about that, but also relieved. "Uhm yeah, that's all." She started typing something in the computer. "Alright, to rent or to buy?" "rent please" She typed something more in the computer, and her face was turned away from mine. I catched myself staring at her a little too long, and I was too late to turn my head when she looked my way again. She blushed slightly and gave me a nervous smile. "That will be 5 dollars then, return it in five days." I handed her a five dollar bill and our fingers brushed slightly when she took it from me. Jesus, could this get any more awkward?! "Have a nice day, and enjoy your movie!" she said, and I could feel some weird tension hanging around us. "y-yeah, have a nice day. Thanks." I smiled and didn't know how fast I needed to get out of this store. On my way out I heard Steve say something about me. "Dude, she definitly has a crush on you!" Fuck! I didn't listen to anything else they said and when I got out of the store I began to run to my bike.

I put the movie in my bag and and started looking for my keys, and I realised I had dropped them while running away. I sighed and walked back to where I saw my keys lying on the sidewalk, and bent down to grab them. "Hey there" I heard someone say. I got up and saw Robin standing in front of me. "Shit you almost gave me a heart attack" I said with a nervous chuckle. "Sorry, uhm, can I, uhm, ask you something?" she began, and I nodded, scared of what she might say. "Do I know you from somewhere? I feel like I know you, but if I don't then that's okay. I don't want to be creepy or anything." She rambled. I smiled at her, but inside I was screaming. What should I say? Something like: Yeah you know me, but I was that shitty friend from 4 years ago who left you because I couldn't keep my own feelings under control. Yeah no, I could definitly not say that. "Uhm, I-" My brain was working full time.

"Yeah, you know me, I-I'm Y/n Y/l/n" I saw Robins smile slowly fade a little. "Oh, That's you." I looked at my feet. "yeah... uhm, hi." "I thought you lived in California now?" She asked. "Yeah, but I moved back, something to do with my dad's job." I really wanted to tell her I was sorry for not talking to her all this time, but then I'd have to explain why, and I still wasn't looking forward to that. "Why didn't you write me?" She suddenly asked, dragging me out of my thoughts. "Oh, uhm, yeah, sorry about that." She raised a sceptical eyebrow. "I didn't ask you to apologise, I just wanted to know why." My cheeks flushed red and I was trying to come up with an excuse, but I decided to just tell her the truth, well not all of it though. "Robin, I'm really sorry, I should have told you earlier. I- I like girls, and I thought you would probably think I was weird if I told you I liked girls, or even worse, you would probably hate me. So I thought it was better off if I just didn't see you as much anymore, because I was just too scared I might accidentally say something, or that you'd eventually find out. That was stupid of me to do, I'm sorry." She was quiet for a moment, but then started talking again with a slight hint of laughter in her voice. "This is really funny actually" I raised an eyebrow. "what? why?" She started giggling. "because I like girls too, I always have." I was totally shoked for a moment, but then started laughing. "wait, really?!" She nodded and hugged me. I hugged her back and felt my cheeks go bright red. "I really missed you y/n." "I Missed you too Rob." She smiled and let go off me. I finally got the courage to look her in the eyes again, and god she was beautifull... Her eyes were to drown in.

"Uhm, Robin... there's something else." I didn't know where that came from, but I really wanted to tell her everything now, I couldn't wait any longer. "What is it?" She asked, with her hand still on my arm. "I uhm..." I looked around, trying to see if anybody could see us, and then back into her eyes again when the coast was clear. "Ilikeyouandnotinafriendwaybutireallylikeyouassomethingmoreandpleasedon'tthinki'mweirdnow..." I Blurted out. She chuckled. "What?" I took a deep breath and repeated myself, in a calmer voice this time. "I like you, and not in a friend way. I really like you" She blushed and smiled. "Me too..." My eyes widened. "really?!" She nodded and cupped my face, planting a kiss on my lips. "Is that enough to convince you?" She said with a wide smile. I nodded. "yes! definitly." I reconnected our lips again, and placed my hand on her cheek too.

"Hey Robin break time is over come ba- OH GOD SORRY!" Steve quickly hurried back inside and Robin started laughing. I was completely panicking because I was scared he might tell anyone. "Don't worry, we can trust him" Robin said when she saw my worried expression. "He's my friend." I relaxed again. Robin grabbed my hand and squeezed it lightly. "I should head back now though, how about a date, next saturday?" I smiled. "sounds great, see you then." I blew her a kiss and smiled when I watched her run back. On the road back home I couldn't stop smiling, I was really looking forward to next saturday...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hii:) I hope you enjoyed reading this one! It got kinda long so I might make a part two about the dateeee:)