Greengrass? More Like Great Ass

For more stories like this and to get early access to future chapters, exclusive works, and other additional goodies, please visit https://allmylinks.com/flightoffancy.
-
Chapter 3
-
Harry's eyes opened blearily. The sharp light filtering in causing the pounding in his head to dial up to an 11. With a groan he screwed his eyes shut once more, trying to fend off the painful lumens.

'Harry?' The sound echoed in his mind, bouncing around his skull irritably. He knew that voice, he just couldn't place it at the moment. A twinge of sympathy rushed into his mind before the loud voice quieted.

"He's awake Madame Pomfrey.", the same voice sounded from his right. He definitely recognized the voice now. His addled mind finally coming into focus and he opened his eyes once more. The light still hurt, but it was much more manageable this time. He found who he was looking for almost immediately, their bond acting as a compass for her physical presence.

"H'rmione?" he questioned, voice gravely like he had just woken from a intense nap.

"Hush now Mr. Potter and drink this!" Another said from his left. He didn't even need to look to know who the voice belonged to, having been reprimanded for his various dangerous escapades by it many times over the years. A clear potion vial was shoved to his lips. Not even trying to fight it, the boy who lived simply open his mouth and swallowed the potion. It wasn't too unpleasant but the bitter taste wasn't exactly enjoyable either.

"There now I'll check over you once more and then you're free to go. Though next time you face a dragon Mr. Potter, please have a better plan in place other than blowing yourself up!" the matron admonished, waving her wand over the teen's body.

Once she was finished she left in a huff and Harry was able to get a good look at his surroundings. He was in a tent not dissimilar to the Champion's one he waited in before the task. However this one was filled with beds and medical cupboards instead of benches and changing areas like before. He sat on one of these beds now and next to him, on a small bedside table, lay his trusty Holly wand and the very golden egg he had fought to obtain.

"What happened to th-"

"To the snakes? I sent them on their way with a fat field mouse each. Now are you insisting we continue to talk about the bloody rat eaters or would you instead like to explain what the hell you were thinking?!?"

Harry winced. She was very cross, no doubt about it. He had seen Hermione angry before but it was different this time. This time he could actually feel and understand her thoughts and emotions behind it. She was furious but it stemmed from a heaping of worry and fear that she felt for him. Looking closer Harry was able to see the million what if's rushing through her head. What if his aim was off and he blew off his legs? What if the dragon had simply fired its flaming breath just a little bit sooner? What if what if what if?

Without missing a beat Harry reached over and grabbed her hands, pulling her towards him till she sat on his lap. He didn't say a word. He simply wrapped his arms around her, bringing her closer into his chest and held her there. He breathed in her scent. The smell of her citrusy shampoo filling his senses. Through their bond he pushed all his understanding and regret into her mind, begging for her forgiveness.

'I'm sorry'

'I know'

The girl sniffled a few times before raising her head once more to peer into his green eyes. 'Though if you ever do something that stupid again then you can forget having sex for the rest of your natural life.' He couldn't help the snort that escaped him at her serious tone when mentioning withholding sex, as if it were an everyday threat.

Their moment was interrupted by the bumbling Ludo Bagman rushing into the tent, followed by Crouch and Headmaster Dumbledore.

"Outstanding! Simply an outstanding performance my boy!" Ludo exclaimed, not even batting an eye at the current position of the teens. Hermione jumped up in embarrassment, face flushed red. Behind Bagman, Dumbledore let out a small chuckle but said nothing. "Parselmagic! I had always thought it was a myth! Something told through scary bedtime stories for young witches and wizards yet we beheld the first ever verified performance right in front us!"