♆Chapter 1♆

ACT 1 THE LIGHTNING THEIF: Elena's POV

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : Making the bed by Olivia Rodrigo 

                                 ↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

My world was lit on fire.

I never asked to be a half-blood, I didn't even know these stories my mom, told me and my brother were true until just recently. And if you think you're one of us, run. turn away while you still can and forget you ever heard of half-bloods and gods, and you might just be safe, all I'm saying is continue reading at your own risk. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Now let's start from the beginning.

My name is Elena Jackson, I'm twelve years old, am I a troubled kid? No, not at all, I'm the complete opposite in a way, but I've got bullies, bad grades...and there's some other stuff...some stuff that's not so normal. but my brother on the other hand, Percy, has gotten us expelled from more than three schools, one of the reasons is that in second grade, he got up on the roof of our school, 'why was he up there?' you might ask, he said because he saw something...at least he swore he saw something. And the thing I saw strange things too, and when you say you saw stuff like weird fantasy-like stuff, you end up in a counselor's office who tells you it's all in your head and not to worry about it. But if it happens again tell someone. It happened again, again, and again. And now we are stuck at a boarding school, Yancy Academy, I don't mind the place it's just me and Percy have been the oddballs out for god knows how long, we only ever talked to each other, because to others we were "freaks". Until something changed. We met Grover. We had a lot in common, and not just because all three of us were at the bottom of the food chain, and you know what it was nice being able to talk to someone who wasn't just my brother, it's like they were just imaginary, fake, harmless. Until the day that changed too, until the day one of them tried coming after us.

                                                                                      ⛯⛯⛯

"What you see here. They are not fiction! They are not fantasies. What you see here are the truest and deepest parts of yourselves. Friends...the gods...the monsters, the heroes, you see here in this room, are reminders of what we are capable of. Now on your worksheets, I want you to choose one of the subjects, you see here...and describe it." Mr. Brunner our teacher spoke.

I looked down at my worksheet, all the words looked like mish, mash, all scrambled up.

I fiddled with my pencil.

"Not just how it looks. But how it makes you feel. Hmm? Okay, come on." Mr. Brunner clapped his hands to get us to move.

I walked over to a statue that was on the worksheet, it was Zeus, not sure how it made me feel, honestly, probably a bit intimidated. Yeah, that's the word for it.

Percy's POV

I looked up at the statue in front of me, Perseus the hero who cut off Mudusa's head.

I thought of the time my mom brought me and my sister, Elena, here a few years back.

                                                                                         ⛯⛯⛯