Chapter 5

Word count: 2133

hope you enjoy this chapter and don't forget to vote.

I woke the next morning to the sound of banging on my door. 

"Come in," I say forcing my eyes open.

My dad enters my room. 

"You gonna be ready for practice soon. You don't wanna be late."

I threw off my covers and groaned forgetting I had morning practice. I changed into my uniform and shoved my outfit for the day in my bag. The girls and I had decided to wear cute pajama pants and a shirt to go with it. My shirt was a tight brown one with short sleeves. We were all wearing the same pants though. I grabbed my bag and called Melie.

"What?" She said tiredness dripping in her voice.

"Nothing I just wanted to wake you up."

"Asshole," She muttered and hung up the phone. 

I laughed as I slid my phone into my pocket and started my car pulling out of the driveway. I stop by a cafe before I get to school and grab a coffee and a muffin to wake me up. I drink the coffee quickly and decide to save the muffin for after practice. 

Once I arrive at the school I walk slowly to the gym wanting to be in bed. I see Nina already there and we partner up to Pepper. 

                                                                                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After practice is over I feel sweat dripping down my face and wipe it off on my jersey before putting on some deodorant and throwing on my outfit for the day. I take out the braids I had worn to bed forgetting to this morning but love how they turned out. I let the wavy hair fall down my back and quickly do a light amount of makeup. 

Once I'm done I walk to my locker and wait for Melie. once I see her enter the building I run towards her and jump on her back.

"Someone in a good mood," She says dropping me.

I laugh and shove her, "that hurt," I complain rubbing my legs. 

"Not my fault you jumped on my back," She countered.

I walked with her to class and then took the long way to my class trying to avoid people (like Walter). I make it to class just in time and wait for Mrs. Alex to let us get to work on the project.

                                                                           ~~~~~~~~~~~~

The day went by quickly after the first period and before I knew it everyone was crowding into the football game. The girl and I had gotten the front-row seat. We watched both teams warm up and were putting in our guests for who we thought was gonna win. 

I had a lot of faith in our team and was ready for them to come home with another win. I watched closely as we started with the ball. The first touchdown of the game was a beautiful pass right into the endzone putting them in the lead. Thought not for long cause the other team scored a touchdown as well. 

by the end of the first half, we were up by 3. The score was 24-21. To start the next half Ezekial scored a rushing touchdown putting them in a 10-point lead. Just a couple of minutes later the other team scored again bringing it back down to a 3-point lead. 

With two minutes left in the game, they were tied 31-31. We had the ball and all we needed was to run down the clock and score once more to win. Ezekial sent a perfect pass to the receiver and he caught it taking to ball for a touchdown.