Chapter 2

Word count: 1932

Hope you like it and don't forget to vote.

I woke the next morning very reluctantly and crawled out of bed. I looked in the mirror and gasped at the rat's nest sitting on my head. I grabbed a brush and aggressively combed through the mess. I applied concealer under my eyes to cover my eye bags and quickly picked out an outfit consisting of a tight white shirt with long sleeves and gray sweatpants.

I brush my teeth put my hair up in a high ponytail and check my bag to make sure I have everything. I remember my game today and a smile erupts on my face. I skip down the stairs make myself a waffle and head out the door grabbing my keys on the way out. 

I start the car and stop by a cafe on the way to school grabbing a muffin and an iced coffee. I check the time and smile seeing I still have 30 minutes till school starts. I blast my music as usual and scream every word.

Pulling into the parking lot I come so close to almost hitting a black bike (motorcycle) and stomp on the brakes. I notice who is on the bike and glare at him. Backing up I look for a different spot. I park my car and grab my things closing the door nicely. When I get to the doors I'm greeted by a pair of blue eyes.

"Hey princess watch where you're going," He says.

I roll my eyes at his nickname, "your fine aren't you and so is your bike," I point out pointing at him. 

I walked past him but still felt his presence as I walked away. Looking behind me I see him following me.  I turn and stop mid-walk.

"Would you go away?" 

"We have the same class dumbass were going to the same place." 

I rolled my eyes at him and kept walking. Instead of going straight to class, I stopped at my locker and luckily he wasn't there. I saw Melie standing by my locker waiting for me and gave me a quick hug.

"Morning," I greeted.

"Why so glum?" She asked.

"Didn't sleep well."

Melie and I had been best friends for 11 years. She knew everything about me and Inclduing the recurring nightmares I had that kept me form sleeping.

"You really should go to a therapist," She said.

"That's what you're but for free," I joked and walked her to her class before going to mine.

I had World History first period. I walked in and saw someone else in my seat and realized we must be getting new seats. I sat in the front row as usual and set my stuff down smiling but that smile fell when Ezekial sat right beside me. I groaned and scooted my seat away from him.

"Wow so subtle," He pointed out sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes at him, "Shut up," I said turning my back to him.

"Is there a problem Nova?" Mrs. Alex asked pointing at us.

"No," I lied through my teeth. 

The bell rang and Mrs. Alex explained the assignment for the day. I  listened closely and wrote down everything she said to make sure I remembered. From beside me, I saw Ezekial looking into space. I rolled my eyes at him again and continued listening. 

"I'll be assigning you partners for this project so please sit down," Mrs. Alex explained making everyone stop moving.

"Jane you'll be with Walter, West you'll be with Mae, Nova you'll be with Ezekial," I groaned eternally and looked at him with an annoyed expression.