Chapter 15

"Hi dad!" I say a little too brightly into the phone.

"Cora, did I see you get into Jett Sanders' car and drive off together?" He asks sharply.

"Yes, are you upset about that?" I ask, playing dumb.

"I think you know how I feel about that young man," he says in an authoritative tone. "You need to come home, right now."

"Okay, but dad...why are you so mad?"

"Why? Because you know better. You are better than that. He is troubled to say the least, and I forbid you from seeing him! Come home now." The line goes dead.

I look up at Jett, wide eyed and speechless.

"I-I don't know..."

"I'm forbidden," he says, looking down at his hands.

"This is exactly what I was afraid of. I don't want to put you through this..."

"I don't want to be without you."

"What a mess we're in." I say, looking out the window in distress.

"But isn't everything more fun when you get a little messy?" He looks at me with a twinkle in his eye.

"Jett, this is serious..."

"I know, but I think this is worth bending the rules for...a little bit, don't you?"

I take a moment to think...I know what I want, but I don't want to upset my dad. How am I going to make this work?

As if he's reading my thoughts, Jett says, "We'll take it one day at a time."

He puts his hand at the back of my head and brings my mouth to his, sealing this promise with a kiss...and another kiss, and 20 minutes later, we're still in his car. His hands have moved from my hair to my hips, and he's placed me on top of him in the driver's seat.

"Good lord, Clarkson, I can't get enough of you," he says in a low growl.

I scan his face, and I see longing, desire and something else...a vulnerability that I've seen a few times before. It makes him so much more attractive, and he was already pretty dang hot. I can feel his erection under me, and I rock my hips back and forth on top of him, making him smile and groan. He lifts his head and shoots me a smoldering look.

"Clarkson, seriously, why you gotta torture me every time? I've got to have you, but I know I can't...yet."

He's never looked so appealing to me.

"I would. Right now..." I lean down to kiss his neck.

He moans..."I know you would, and that is going to make it even better when we finally have sex. Until then...you're mine. My good girl." He thumbs my lower lip, and I can't help but swell with pride...I'm his girl.