Chapter 5 | Tantalizing Music

When I first realized and found out about love, I thought it wasn't that important. But overtime, watching my classmates catch feelings with others. I felt lonely for the first time in my whole life. Love.. love is like a dancer that dances with music. While I am but music echoing in an empty stage. It all started going downhill when I met him.

     "Kaede, do you have some free time today?" --- said as he wraps his arm over my shoulder, while walking on the park with no people in sight.   

"Nothing really. Maybe go to the local bar?" I responded, still looking into the sky covered with dark clouds. Silence filled the environment as I looked at my watch. He looked at the white cat who was walking beside us. "Kaede, will you go out with me?" 

I came to a sudden stop and looked back at him. "Huh?" I said in confusion. "What do you mean?" He got off me and looked down into the ground.

"I said what I said, I'm sorry." He slowly faced me, and stared at me with his eyes, almost tearing up.

"But.. you're a man, I'm a man-" I got cut off as rain started pouring. "And that's the reason why someone can't be happy?" He asks in frustration.

"I'm sorry, its stupid for me to even say what I felt. Then, at least look at me one more time. And say no.. I'll accept it." He said as tears rolled down his cheeks. The raindrops touched my face, cold, as if it was still winter. "I- I don't know how to love." I coldly replied. 

"Is that so?" --- said as he wipes off his tears. "Then.. I'll help you understand love." He looked at my eyes like never before, as his face wore a gentle smile.

     I teared up as I chug the beer in front of me. The memories kept flooding in, and it's not stopping. My classmates, sudden cheer made me choke on the drink. I feel dizzy, and the world is spinning. I suddenly felt a hand groping my waist again, and my body felt heavy. I can't keep my balance even though I'm sitting and fell into my classmates shoulder. I feel sleepy, and my eyes slowly started closing as I saw a familiar figure.

-Hibiki's POV-

     I can't seem to be able to sleep properly these past few days, but Kaede was here accompanying me. It's already afternoon, we barely had any sleep last night but I still don't feel like sleeping. The sun is going down, I think it's a good time to go out for a drink.

-bar, afternoon-

     I entered the bar and the scent of beer greeted me. "One virgin mojito please." I asked the bartender as I sat in the nearest seat. A sudden loud cheer caught my attention, looking at the commotion, there seems to be a familiar person sitting there, it's Kaede. I started walking towards the group, but then I remembered my order. "One virgin mojito." The bartender called.

"Please hold for a minute."

     I approached the group and Kaede's there, his head on someone's shoulder, a hand on his waist and some beer still dripping from his mouth. "What is it?" The man asked angrily. 

"Kaede's going home now." I replied, while staring intensely into his eyes. A few seconds passed trying to dominate each other with just a look.

"Fine, fine, take him. What a joykill." He said as he avoided my gaze. I wrapped Kaede's arms around my shoulder, as I carefully helped him out of the bar.

"Was that? His boyfriend?" some girls from the group asked each other as I left with Kaede. I don't care about what they think right now, Kaede needs to go home.

"H- Hibiki?" He called out as he touches his waist. The sky is dark, covered with clouds. And it suddenly started to rain, I walked him into a shade and gently sat him down in a bench. "Yes?" I replied as I look back at him. He suddenly rested his head into my lap as he held his stomach seemingly in pain.

"Are you okay?" I asked in a worried manner. He finally calmed down after a while and kept sleeping. He's not safe with his classmates, who knows what might've happened if I didn't go out. "Does this always happen to you Kaede?"

-Kaede's apartment-

     Finally, the rain stopped and I was able to bring Kaede back at his apartment. I struggled as I put him in bed, resulting into me tripping and getting crushed by Kaede. "Well, this is a way to put someone in bed" I said to myself as I sigh in exhaustion. His body is warm, and I feel sleepy and exhausted. Maybe.. maybe I'll just take a quick nap.

-Kaede's POV-

     "Kaede, I like you!" --- screamed out loud as I was about to board the train. "What?" I asked again. "I said I like you dumbass." --- said shyly as he steps forward.

"I'm sorry, my last relationship didn't end in a good way." I replied coldly as I started remembering the past, I looked back to --- face as the train starts leaving. "After all, you deserve someone better. It's my fault that my last relationship ended." I said as I approach him.

"I promise.. I promise this time is different. Just give me a chance." He replied as I turned my back on him. "It's the first time I've ever felt this to someone, and It's you." 

I gripped my bag harder as a sudden guilt hit me. "Curious.." I faced him and walked towards him.

"Alright, maybe let's try.." I replied with a soft smile, as I held his hands. He smiled back and hugged me tightly, his wet tears, cold, passed through my shirt.

     I wake up to my body still feeling heavy and my sight still dizzy. I finally focused my sight and there, Hibiki, is in front of my face. So close that we basically share the same air.

"Wha-" A noise got out of my mouth as I realize I'm on top of him. The sudden noise woke him up, and he started scratching his eye. "Kaede?" He called out as I still sat on top of him. " You're heavy." He said as I feel something poking underneath.

"Ahh." I quickly got off him and sat beside him.

"Sorry sorry.. so uh. What happened last night?" I asked as I comb his hair with my hand.

"You passed out on that bar, remember?" He replied in a worried voice. "Ah, oh and sorry I slept over, you were too heavy, and when I tried putting you into bed I tripped and you crushed me." He quickly stood up.

"It's fine really, I should be the one, to say sorry. Thanks for bringing me home, I'm grateful for you." I said in a soft voice, followed by a pat on his head. "You're already here, so might as well eat breakfast." I stood up and walked towards the kitchen.

"Kaede, who were those people." He asked as I crack an egg.

"Classmates.."

"Anyway, I'm performing tomorrow with my band." I said happily as I try to change the subject.

"Band?" Hibiki asks as he approaches.

"Yes, I forgot to tell you that I joined a band recently. We'll be performing live on some venue nearby." I looked on my side just to see Hibiki beside me.

"I see, send me an invitation." He replied in a monotone voice, still sounding sleepy.

"A- alright" I said in a startled voice.