Chapter 1 | Rough Beginning

The train is full again, being this close to each other is weirdly comforting. People are talking silently to each other and a soft laughter can be heard from the corner of the train.

"Kaede." I called out in a silent voice. "Do you have an answer now?" Kaede still in a daze didn't get to answer the question.

"Hey." I whispered, followed by a flick to his forehead. "Oh sorry sorry, what was it?" He replied in a soft voice. "It's nothing."

-Train, morning-

     As always, we got in inside the train to go to school. Kaede still doesn't look good for some reason. He looks like as he didn't get any sleep at all. Looking at him made me think about Haru, my boyfriend and Kaede's smile are very identical. Looking around, student couples are everywhere. Full of emotions.. full of love. Something both of us lack to feel normal.

     Kaede, unlike this morning is cheerful again. What's with him these past few days? He seems very different from the person that always complain about his 'problem' to me.

"Hey, lets eat lunch.. Heyyy.. Hibiki!" Haru, standing in front of me, yelled out. "Who are you staring at? You don't really stare at me like that you knowwww."

"You don't have to yell, this isn't even your class." I replied.

"Eh, sorry sorry, now let's go." Haru took me by the hand and lead me outside the room.

-Kaede's POV-

     Ackkk, what is this heavy feeling, it's as if someone's staring at me. "Haha, sorry girls, I will be busy this afternoon so maybe next time?" The girls from a nearby class came to pest me again. It's getting tiring trying to keep up this cheerful personality. The piercing gaze from behind me finally passed, and the room started to get a little louder again. Yua Kurusu, an honor student suddenly popped in front of me with a cold expression.

"Oh, Yua, I- what is it?" I mumbled as I try to calm myself from being surprised.

"Could we eat lunch together? Nothing serious, I just don't have anyone else to talk to." She replied in a monotone voice, similar to Hibiki's.

     She doesn't usually talk to anyone but today she seems kinda off. A few seconds later as I started to unpack my bento she started to bombard me with questions. "What will you be doing this weekend?, did you do your assignment yet?, will you be going to the festival..." and so on.. She finally stopped for a few seconds and realization seems to have struck her.

"Ah, sorry, how rude of me. I barely get a chance to talk to anyone. I know it's almost been a year but I just noticed that you and Hibiki seems close, are you two uh, you know." Yua asked with a face that seems to be waiting for a good answer.

"Oh, no no no, please don't misunderstand the way we are with each other. We are just close friends.. childhood friends to be exact. Also he already has a boyfriend."

She looked confused at first but finally calmed down a bit, looking a little contented. She slowly looked back at her bento, followed by a soft smile in her face. "I see. then would you plea-" She was cut off by the sudden interruption of Hibiki, who is standing beside Yua. "Kaede, can I have some of that." He took some anyway without waiting for my answer. Even Yua looked surprised by his sudden appearance. "Thanks."

Yua then left abruptly looking scared again. "Hibiki, you scare girls away with just your presence." Hibiki looked at me looking like he didn't understand what I said. "Ugh, anyway where is Haru?"

     He sat down in the seat that Yua sat on. "He told me that he was just going to talk with some friends, we were in the middle of the hallway and some of his 'friends' took him away." He replied while looking at his bento. This guy doesn't even care what's with his own boyfriend. "I am curious what the deal was, because these 'friends' of his doesn't seem to make him feel comfortable at all, judging from his body language that is."

Hibiki, your naivety precedes you, every decision makes a drastic difference.

-Hibiki's POV-

-Train, afternoon-

     Golden hours seems to have become common these days. A beautiful time of the day in my opinion. Kaede, who is resting on my shoulder looks exhausted again. We barely even did anything today in class. He doesn't seem relaxed at all these past few weeks. Which reminded me, the cherry blossoms might fall soon and graduation is growing near, we need to relax even just a bit.

"Kaede." I whispered. "Would you like to go to see the cherry blossoms this weekend?" He then looked at me as if I said something weird, but soon his surprised expression turned into looking confused. "What about your boyfriend?"

"He haven't been in touch with me lately, I don't know where he is. It's not just me that's thinking where he is too right now. His classmates have been asking me if I know where he is too." I replied in a monotone voice. It really is weird, the last time I saw him was when he was taken away by those guys..

"Maybe it has something to do with those 'friends' of his, remember what you told me yesterday?" His answer suddenly cut off my thought.

"Maybe, but lets not overthink, it's only been a day after all."

Hibiki, it has only been a day, but you don't seem to care enough.

     It has been a few days since Haru has gone missing. I tried calling and texting him but he doesn't answer. I even tried to come to his apartment but the landlord said he haven't been home for days now. Haru, please, where are you? not again. Don't leave me too. You promised remember?

"Hibiki, I'm so glad that I met you. It's like we're soulmates." "Hibiki, the truth is, I like you." "Hibiki, I feel safe when I'm with you, I feel glad.. words can't explain how much I love you."

     Memories of Haru suddenly flooded my brain, the thought of him leaving is weird. Thinking about it feels like my heart is being pierced by a thousand needles.

     A sakura leaf touched my face as I stare into space. The scenery, the mountains, are beautiful from this spot. Some Sakura leaves have already started to fall. Having a picnic alone is really boring, if only Haru is here I wouldn't be sitting here alone. I also didn't get an answer from Kaede if he wanted to see the Sakura together.

     A familiar scent suddenly came from behind. I looked back and Kaede was there, crouching behind me. "Are you trying to scare me." Kaede looking surprised but laughed it off.

"I wouldn't be able to anyway." He replied as he sat down beside me.

"How did you find me." I asked.

"You stand out from other people you know, your white hair can be seen from far away, and it's getting pretty long now." He's right, it's pretty long now. I wonder how I got away from with this in school..

"Oh, uh Kaede, is that you? and Hibiki too. I'm sorry if I'm interrupting."