thirteen

ੈ✩‧₊˚ CAN WE ALWAYS BE THIS CLOSE FOREVER AND EVER?
taylor swift

"GOD, ARE you done yet?" Luke groaned softly, holding his head upright as he stared at Adi intently.

Adi rolled her eyes, brushing the loose strands from her ponytail out of her face as she adjusted the glasses on the bridge of her nose. "Just a minute."

"You work like a sloth." Luke blinked, clearly bored as Adi finished up the scraps of her first week assignments.

"You're a pain in the ass." Adi shot back, hitting his hand gently as he attempted to shut her computer. "Let me just finish this sentence."

Adi quickly hit the turn in button, humming softly to herself as she placed her computer on her side table, taking her hair out from updo as she ran a hand through it.

Luke took the glasses from her face, folding them together before glancing back up at her.

"Now are you ready?" Luke cocked a brow.

Adi chuckled, pecking his lips before sliding off her bed. "Let me get changed, okay?"

"Where's Helena?" Luke asked, now lying on his back as Adi threw off her T-shirt.

"She went to the shower thirty minutes ago." Adi huffed as she pulled on her leggings. "My bet is she's talking to Trevor."

Luke turned his head to her, watching her as she pulled on the tight yellow top. "Are they having issues?"

Adi sighed lowly with a shrug. "She's in Michigan and he's in California. It's also Trevor. Who knows."

Luke faced the ceiling with pursued lips. "Yeah, but if you really wanna be with someone, you'll make it work. No matter the distance or the circumstances.

A smile spread across her lips as walked over to him, crawling to straddle his lower waist. "Really?"

"Yes." Luke nodded, bringing his finger to gently tuck her hair behind her ears. "Just like we will."

Adi glanced down at his hand holding her softly as she leaned into his touch. "You promise?"

"Promise what?" Luke furrowed his brows.

"That you're not gonna push me away when you go." Adi swallowed, breaking their eye contact.

Luke sat up, making her slump slightly. "I promise you, Adi Blue."

But Luke was bad at keeping promises. And Adi knew it too so she just nodded, her eyes shifting over to the draw of her side table.

"I have something for you." Adi reached for the small velvet box, biting her bottom lip anxiously as she handed it towards him.

Luke untied the small strings, fiddling with the thin piece of jewelry as he flipped it over, running his finger over the horseshoe attached to it.

"It's a good luck charm." Adi ran her eyes over his face as he examined the bracelet. She took it from his fingers, holding his wrist as she secured the clamp.

"I love it." Luke grinned, staring down at it.

He grabbed her chin, pulling her towards him as he kissed her sweetly.

"Don't you have before practice before the game?" Adi muttered against his lips, the two pulling away.

"Yeah." Luke rubbed his eyes, cocking his head to look at the clock.

5:30

"Fuck. I should go." Luke frowned. "Do you wanna come?"

"I should probably wait on Helena." Adi glanced towards the door. "She'll kill me if I ditch her. I'll see you in, like, an hour, okay?"

Luke gave in, nodding as she slid off him. "Thank you, again." He gestured down to the gift. "You know I'll wear it every game."

Adi chuckled, kissing him once more as he headed out. The door was shut for barely a minute before it was flying back open, Helena running a hand over the frizzes of her drying hair.

"Woah, you good?" Adi eyed her, watching her tighten to the robe around her body.

"Why are guys such assholes?" Helena crossed her arms, leaning back into the wall. "How can you spend three months with a girl and tell her you wanna be with her forever and then say you have too much going on."

Adi darted her tongue to press on the side of her cheek. "That's a good question Hels. But it's also guys. Trevor, guys. I mean, I love him but that boy is always gone with the wind."

"He's so stupid." Helena hissed, tugging at the roots of her hair. "If only he was like Luke. Luke loves you so easily."

"Trevor will come around." Adi shook her head. "He'll realize there's more to life than blonde chicks and bars. Well, brunette chicks."

Helena fought a smile as she flipped her friend off.

trio asfk